1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Center channel: Using two speakers on each side of TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TomK, Sep 9, 2001.

1. TomK

TomK Stunt Coordinator

Can wiring two NHT super-ones, for example, in series or parallel, to do center channel duties be as good as my NHT AudioCenter-1 (in my all NHT setup)? I'm running into a space problem. I have the AudioCenter-1 on top the TV but the top 1/4 or so is being blocked by trim molding but I have plenty of room on each side of the TV.
    Tom

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i wouldn't recommend it, with the same audio coming from both speakers you will end up with lobing. this will make it extremely difficult to calibrate the center channel level at multiple listening locations.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Tom
    I can say for me , yes this worked. (Also run a center sub)
    I think some would say not a good idea, but a test and try would be your best bet. Speaker type, room size, distance from mains, and positioning will all have an effect.
    I tried this,,,, and found it to work well for (ME)....! I wired series. Also gave me a larger center channel sweet zone, after some time spent on placement.
    I have a large room and this could be why I liked the difference. You haveing room constraints may find it unacceptable. Cross patterning, I think it's called. Certainly would'nt hurt to try it.
    Regards
    Geoff