What's new

Center channel stand.. (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
My 65" rptv is in the closet and I have some room above the tv to make a dvd rack. Insted of building the rack around the center channel, I was thinking of buying a stand for it. My satelite speaker stands are metal tube style and the tube is bent into a triagle for the base. I'm looking for something similar if possible.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
ED

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is your centre speaker also a cube or is it the larger type (long) centre speaker? Sorry I don't know the model #'s.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
WOWW Ed,

Your a MORON maybe if you posted what type of center channel you had Neil could have answered you question. You also never gave an approximate height that you wanted either.

Next time don't make a STUPID post. You should make sure you give all the details.

Just My 2 F***ing cents
ED

Nick P

Second Unit
I made a DIY center speaker stand out of prefinished black shelves and threaded rod. I then used black PVC pipe to cover the rod. Looks professional if I don't say so myself! I'll email you a picture since I don't have any hosting know-how to load the pictures here.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Nick,

Thanks for the pictures.Nice job !

I may try a DIY stand I however want to match the other stands ut your idea might work.

Where did you get the black shelves?

Here is a suggestion...You should put another piece of pvc on the back in the middle and run your cable through the pvc and then use the split cable cover.

Thanks
Ed

Nick P

Second Unit
The shelves came from either Lowes or Home Depot. I go to both so often I can't remember from which I buy what. It comes in several different lengths and widths.

That's a good idea for the speaker wire. The black cable cover works very well (I use it on all of my exposed wires) but another piece of PVC would look even cleaner.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hey, how about posting a pic so we all can see? :) I'll be building stands in the not-too-distant future myself and would like to get as many ideas as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks