What's new

Center Channel Stand for on top of an Entertainment Center? (1 Viewer)

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I was recently able to get the Paradigm CC-370 and as of right now I have it sitting directly on top of my entertainment center. I have tilted it towards the listening position by putting piece of 2X4 wood covered with black electrical tape under the back of the speaker.
Basically I was hoping to make something more substantial and isolate the CC at the same time. I have 2 younger children so putting a stand in front of the entertainment center is not an option and I would like to come up with something other that suspending it from the ceiling.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
------------------
BAM
"If I'm not back in 10 minutes... just wait longer."

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I believe Lovan makes a center channel isolation platform for such purposes (www.lovaninc.com). I use thick rubber cushions meant for under furniture that can be purchased at Home Depot. This helps with vibrations and I have smaller ones under the front. You can also use stuff like DH Cones or Squares.
------------------

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
You can see the stand I build for my center if you click on my signature link. Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it was eay to build and is angle adjustable. Go to my site and you'll find it it the "DIY Projects" section.
Hope this helps.
-EJ
------------------
emj2.gif

my HT site

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to try and build something like Eric has and see how that works out.
------------------
BAM
"If I'm not back in 10 minutes... just wait longer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks