What's new

Center Channel Speaker to go with pair of Polk RTi10's. What to buy? (1 Viewer)

YumYumChef

Auditioning
Real Name
Luis Alfonso Pernia
Hey,
I just bought a pair of Polk RTi10's for myself for Christmas, lol. I am now considering a center channel speaker. I was wondering if I should stick with POLK or go with another brand. Looking to stay within 250 - 300 bucks. I prefer USED as well. Let me know what you think, and whether or not i should go with a large or small center channel. -Chef Luis Pernia

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You should always strive to have the same brand and series speakers across the front. Speakers can differ greatly in timbre, and if not matched, can disrupt the sound when it pans from left to right (or L to R), ruining the soundstage. As far as size is concerned, I would go with a matching center before a higher quality and/or larger center. Stick to the Polk RTi series.

YumYumChef

Auditioning
Real Name
Luis Alfonso Pernia
Thanks for your input. Very helpful. I will do what you say and stick with the polk RTi series.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
CSi5 or the CSiA6 will be the much better center. The CSi3 is a ok, but the 5/6 will give better dialog and enhance your front soundstage. Go for the bigger center, u wont regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks