What's new

Center channel speaker placement question (1 Viewer)

JimHaskell

Grip
I have a rear projection crt tv. Right now, my center speaket is on top of the set, but I want to put the TV on a riser, maybe 18 inches higher. This would move the center speaker really high -- like over 6 ft high. So, do I keep it there and angle it down, or do I place it in front of the TV? If I put it in front, it will stick out a good 18 - 20 inches or so (its bass port is in the rear.)

Which set up would be better (or less bad)?

TommyTwoTone

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe you can trick out the riser to accommodate your CC. Just leave the back end of the TV platform open (to let the woofer breath) and put the center under your TV balancing on the right and left side of the riser.

Good luck!

JimHaskell

Grip

I thought about that, but then the center speaker would be very low, far below the screen. Also, the first row of seating would block the center channel for the second row.

Here's my seating plan: Couch in first row. Love seat and recliner a few feet behind it, raised about 2 inches - just enough to make them a little higher, but still useable from the floor. Then, raise the TV 18, maybe 20 inches so the back row can see it over the couch.

Bruce-E

Stunt Coordinator
I used one of those red laser light's to help in aiming my center speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks