What's new

Center Channel Speaker - Help! (1 Viewer)

Amie

Auditioning
Hi,

I need some advice on center channel speakers for home theaters. I'm searching for a gift for my boyfriend's birthday next week and I know he wants a new one of these kind of speakers to go with the rest of his set up. Right now he has a Yamaha NS-C110 center channel speaker.

The other day I noticed that he didn't have it plugged in and he said that he was using his "monitors" from the studio (we have a professional recording studio in the house) instead of the Yamaha speaker. I'm not sure which ones those were (perhaps JBL's?), but I get the impression that anything would be an improvement.

Can anyone recommend a center channel speaker for a nice home theater? I need specifics on the exact make and model so that I can either buy it online or in the store. I'm not sure how much money I want to spend, but I'm hoping to not go over $500.

Thanks,
Amie

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Amie, generally it is better if the centre channel is timbre matched to the left and right front speakers.

Can you post what brand and model the 2 front left and right speakers he has now are?

That would help in suggestions.

Amie

Auditioning
Also, I went down to the studio (control room) to see what the brand name of the monitors might be. The one pair of monitors he uses are Genelec's, which might be the one that he brought up to use in place of the Yamaha, but I can't be certain.

As well, there are two other speakers in the rear of the room that are Paradigm's. I wasn't sure of that would help or not...

PaulT

Supporting Actor
The L100T's are an excellent speaker for 2 channel designed in the late 1980's when JBL was not owned by the Harman Group.

Since there will be no specific Centre Channel designed for them, then perhaps there is someone on the Forum that is into JBL who might be able to recommend something (Phil Iturralde where are you??).

You might try to ask your boyfriend on the sly (or have a friend do it) what centre channel he would prefer if he were to buy one himself.

Amie

Auditioning
Thanks. I've got a friend who does home theater tweeking (t.v. calibration, etc..), but he hasn't responded to my emails. :frowning:

I know if I ask my bf, he'll know instantly why I'm asking. But, I will try having someone else ask. GOOD IDEA. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks