What's new

Center Channel Speaker < $150 (1 Viewer)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
it depends on what you are using for front l/r. it's recommended that you get a center channel that tonally matches the front pair

brandon_len

Auditioning
I am using JBL scs136 front speakers. I think they have great sound for their size which was a major factor in my purchase (size). However I think the center channel is rather weak. I will be using them solely for home theater.
How much of a difference does it make to match a speakers tone?? Is it something only audiophiles will hear or does it just simply sound terrible?
Thanks!!!

FeisalK

Screenwriter
sorry, but I am not familiar with JBLs to suggest an alternative if any (snce you think the matching center is weak). I think you might be able to hear a difference depending on the speaker, but in practice, its only affected when the sound pans across the front from L-R. most of the movie audio is in the center channel.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
jbl s series center channel is supposed to be pretty good, from what ive read on these forums and other places.

AaronJB

Second Unit
I have a JBL S-Center and find it to be a remarkable speaker. However, it's pretty much impossible to find right now outside of Ebay, given that the speaker is discontinued.

cabreau

Second Unit
Those JBL speakers look pretty nice. I've always liked JBL. Maybe I'll get some of those for my 2nd system someday. But first, I must find a 1024 x 768 projector for just over $1000 that does really good with HD and DVD. :|

Lenny Truett

Agent
I am not familiar with those JBL's, but I have one S-38 II for sale for $150. I am currently using one as my center channel and it is fantastic. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested or have any questions.

Lenny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks