Center Channel Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Okay...I upgraded my front channels last week from the Energy Take 2 to a pair of Axiom M40s (which I'm extremely happy with)...for the time being I'm still using the Energy Take 1 as the center until I get enough dough to upgrade the center. Well...today I notice a little problem. My little rack above my TV on my entertainment center is only 5.75" tall. It could be taller, but the 27" Wega that I have is big...so that's the best that I can do. It seems that the matching centers are all about 7" tall, aka...I'm screwed. My only other option is to put the center on top of my entire entertainment center (which I obviously don't want to do for aesthetic issues). Any ideas...?

2. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Is a small floor center stand a option?

I've seen a few people with front projection setups using them.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

You're going to have to explain what that is a little better to me. I'm assuming it's just a stand that aims the center down at the listening position...but just wanted to be sure. It's an option, but I'm really adverse to putting the center completely on top of my entertainment center. Right now I have a laptop up there that's connected to my system to play MP3s and DVD Rips through my TV...so if the center channel went there, it would cause a real space problem.

4. DougO

DougO Stunt Coordinator

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Which one are you talking about(I assume WOOD TECHNOLOGY CT-12E Center Channel Speaker Stands)...that page just has a bunch of stands.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Okay...now looking at it, I suppose I wouldn't be "that" adverse to putting the center on top my my entertainment center. My only question now is ...where can I get those stands that angle the center downwards?

7. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Another option is to buy a wall mounting bracket and mount your center channel to your Entertainment Center assuming that this might be an option. This would allow you to maybe place your center above your TV (or even underneath it depending on it's shielding) and allow you to angle it possibly as well.