What's new

center channel placement (1 Viewer)

rick_da

Agent
Real Name
ricardo
Hi!
I have no way of having my L/C/R aligned in a straight line. My center channel is about 20 meters forward in relation to the left and right front speakers. In this regard, I would like to know if I can compensate the placement with time delay and speaker level from my receiver?
Thanks.

rick_da

Agent
Real Name
ricardo
Hi!
I have no way of having my L/C/R aligned in a straight line. My center channel is about 20 meters forward in relation to the left and right front speakers. In this regard, I would like to know if I can compensate the placement with time delay and speaker level from my receiver? What would I be missing with this kind of placement?
Thanks.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
The center channel is 20 meters in front of the L/R speakers? How big is your theater?

troy evans

Screenwriter
Yeah, 20 meters translates to about 60 feet. So you're saying the center channel is 60 feet in from the LC and RC?

rick_da

Agent
Real Name
ricardo
i'm so sorry
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I meant 20 cm.

troy evans

Screenwriter
What receiver are you using? Does it have a mic for auto calibration? If not you'll need to use an SPL meter and the receivers test tone. If that ends up being you're option you will need to set each speaker to read at a 75db level on the SPL while running the test tone to each, L,R,C,SS,RS and sub. You can use 65db or 85db if you prefer, but, stick in the 65db to 85db range for best results. Good Luck and if you have any other questions just ask.

rick_da

Agent
Real Name
ricardo
yes, i do have an analog Radio Shack SPL meter..I already set the delay and level of each speakers at 75dB..back to my original question, can this compensate for the unorthodox placement (center being placed forward at about 20 cm) by setting the delay and speaker level from my receiver? What would I be missing with this kind of placement? btw, I have a Denon AVR 1306.
thanks.

clubfoot

Auditioning
Real Name
Edward
Once you've set the sizes (small), distances and levels it's all taken care of by the dsp in the reciever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks