What's new

Center channel placement??? (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Hey guys is there anything wrong with placing the center channel below the T.V. if it is angled up to the listening position? I was going to put a laser pointer on top of the center until I had it aimed at ear level. Its because I just got a new TV stand and the center is too big to go on top of my TV. What do you guys think?

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
My center is located below my TV. It is in the stand I have. It is not angled though. It has not caused a problem for me. The sound and voices sound like they are coming from the TV. It should not be a problem. Just match the levels and you should be cool.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
I have a BIG wall unit with my amps and preamp and line conditioners in it. It's one of those multipurpose mutilshelf wall units. It has space for all my VHS tapes and some of my dvd's

Neil McCaulley

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose it does not make a difference whether it is on top or on bottom, as long as the line of sight between the speaker and your ears is straight, point to point, with no interuptions in between. Like plants, furniture, whatever. Mine is resting on top of my TV. No problems thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks