What's new

Center Channel opinions.... (1 Viewer)

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
I know everybody has their own tastes and preferences. I have a strange attraction to Cerwin Vega, and I found a Vega center channel speaker for as low as $80 (VE-5c). I know it's not the best, but my strange obsession with Vega :crazy:

What my question is.........what is the main objective of the center channel? Dialouge? I was thinking that you want a full range, excluding the low lows.

I had planned on builing my own ceter channel, but by the time I pieced together the parts I was over the $80 bucks I can spend for the Vega........VEGA! lol

Any opinions are welcome.....even you Vega haters!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I am ordering these things I think.....the price is just too low. I can get them for under 70 bucks.

Anybody have knowldege...good or bad about this site....a1components.com ?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The priority of the center speaker is to sonically match the other fronts. So the CV could be fine or not, depending on what your front speakers are.

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
Was planning on building the fronts, but now I am considering going with the same model Vega 8" towers.
And building just my sub.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DIY subs are the best place for a beginner to start. Your other threads on building speakers were extremely ambitious to say the least. There is nothing worse for a new hobby than to put time, effort and money into a project that is destined to fail. Start with a good sub and work your way up from there.

-Robert

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
How bout this....Is this some kinda of scam I don't know about? That a1components sent me the speaker, UPS says it was delivered to my front porch, but no package? WTF. I live at the end of a culdasack, relatives next door and know all the neighbors. So that leaves a 1 hour window for someone to happen to drive up in the neighborhood, and steal it?

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
Sure can piss you off when you work all day thinking your speaker is going to be there when you get home......because you checked the UPS tracking. Only to get home and find out they say it was delivered at 10AM, which it wasn't! Because there was someone here all day I found out! After multiple phone calls, and checking all the houses on our road.....conclusion was the idiot driver must have dropped it off at the wrong home? And he is gonna come out tommorrow and try to fix the problem....their words. I said...What is he gonna do? Go to the house he thinks he left it and see if it's there? I am SOOOOOO PISSED!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's gone. Very rarely do you get something like that back. I sent a very rare sub to Ohio and FedEx lost it between two towns. I went back and forth with them about checking with the driver or the loaders/unloaders but they offered to pay me for it. I got my money for it but will never be able to get another. The guy I sold it to was as upset as I was.

-Robert

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
The lady I talked to at UPS here in town claims she has the tracking records of the driver and it shows the dumbass driver was on my road and delivered another pack down the street. Just so pissed lol.

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
Well thanks to stupid ass ups driver I get to wait again for my speaker.......Either stupid ass or THIEF!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks