What's new

Center Channel on Top of RPTV (1 Viewer)

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
My center channel speaker is on top of my RPTV -- the only place it can go. This places it at least one foot above ear level. Any advice on what to use to get it to tilt down toward the viewer?

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Try audioadvisor.com They have a stand for center speakers that are placed on the top of TV's...it allows for you to tilt down to the viewer. I'd also consider a center channel stand that can be placed in front of you RPTV. I'm using one made by www.soundanchors.com
Ron

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard many recommendations for door stops placed under the CC to angle it down. Also, some people have recommended this stuff called 'Blue Tack' which is an adhesive putty available from Home Depot.

Other than that, many people say that placement of the CC on a speaker stand below the display yields optimal results. I don't know if that is an option for you or not.

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Also depends how big ur center is.
Mine weighs 30 pounds so on top of the TV is not an option.
I have mine in front on the floor using Link Removed
Mike

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I can vouch for Blu Tak. I use it between the center channel stand and the speaker. I would highly rec. using it between the "door stops," center speaker and the TV. You wouldn't want it all slipping off and come crashing on the floor? It is a terrific adhesive that won't damage your electronics cabinets

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
My issue, more so than top or bottom of RPTV, was the relationship to the main front speakers. My fronts are high and in corners (helps the music) therefore my best sound seems to come from a raised RPTV and center on top (center on bottom makes me notice the separation too much). In this setup I do not notice a significant difference if I angle the center.

I would imagine with floor standing mains you either need center on bottom or need to angle as you are asking about.

Sorry if this is repetitve - late night.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Henry,
I agree with you about the angle and heigth having an impact on imaging, separation and panning. I have the Axiom 150 upside down (so it angles up) on a center channel stand in front of my RPTV. The pair of Axiom 60's will be sitting on top of a pair of custom platform stands, which will be angled slightly up towards to the viewer....this should help widening the sweet spot and in separation and panning.
The stands come from www.soundanchors.com. I haven't received the tower platform stands yet (should arrive this week)
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks