1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Center Channel on floor - what to do?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

My paradigm Studio CC won't go on my TV. No way. I'm resigned to putting it on the floor, just under the screen. I've jury rigged it for now, and I was happily surprised to realize that I really like that placement.
    Anyway, I want to make it more permanent. I'm looking for reasonably priced solutions. I currently have it elevated 13", with an upward tilt to the ideal listening area. How do I accomplish this? Speaker stands? A shelf of some sort?
    The wife will only tolerate a box of books and a yellow pages for so long... [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance,
    Martin.

2. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

I tilted mine upward using large door stops.

3. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Martin,
    Try using a Center Speaker Stand, check out Here [​IMG]

4. Susan S

Susan S Auditioning

Doug's answer was a good one, but check out this vendor for a much better price:
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lpcs1/ct-28e.html
    this shows the taller one as I needed that height (I ordered this over the holidays for my Paradigm CC370). Remember when you order one to try to make the height of the center within 12" of the heights of your tweeters on your mains...the same height would be even better.
    I should be getting mine in any day now...email me if you want me to let you know how I like it when it arrives..
    Susan

5. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Susan,
    Great Price on that Stand!! I'm Bookmarking that site now [​IMG]

6. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Martin,

Well, I was going to tell you to go buy a cheap pair of speaker stands @ Best Buy and cut 'em down to fit as I did for my Studio CC center channel - - until I read the rest of the thread. I'll be ordering the stands featured above in a few minutes as they're much more sturdy in their design and built to support the footprint of a center channel (and the Paradigm center's a big one!).

Cheers!

7. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

8. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

As long as the centre channel is tilted upwards (or downwards, as the case may be) such that the drivers aim approximates the mains when you are in your usual seat, the speaker height doesn't matter much.

9. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Thanks for the great link! I guess I would get the 12" model. How do I secure the CC on the stand? I don't want it getting knocked off... The CC is larger in both width and depth than the stand top.

Thanks,

Martin.

10. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I found out that I had to go through several merchants to see where the total (including potential sales tax and shipping) would be the less. I suggest running these searches and checking out individual stores (VSS Electronics was cheapest for me).
    CT-18 Stand CT-12 Stand

11. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

I have a Mits 65" HDTV, and the weight of my B&W LCR6 was causing me grief by bowing the top center of the cabinet. I considered putting the speaker on the floor (my wife nixed that idea) or finding some sort of stand. I found a post by CraigM on the HomeTheaterSpot describing how he took a wall mount designed for a TV and slightly modified it for use as a center channel speaker mount. I followed his directions and mounted my center above the TV. It really looks and sounds great! You can find a picture and the details of how he (and now I) did it in his post at the HomeTheaterSpot.
    Good luck!
    Pete