Agent
Real Name
Noel
I have a simple system

JVC RX6010 receiver
Panasonic dvd player
Polk audio R10 front channels
CSi175 center channel

No matter what i do, the center channel sounds empty and thin... i guess is what you'd call it. I've tried adjusting the centerl channel level, the delay, the speaker size via the receiver and nothing makes a difference. Does anything know if this is a shortcoming of this particular speaker? Im just concerned cause no voices sounds natural from this thing. The R10's sound decent. Thanks

Noel

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Not knowing the specific models, Why not try switching (Just for Test Purposes) the Center and either the Left or Right. See how the center sounds when using one of your Left or Right speakers. and See how your current center channel preforms as a left or right speaker. That should tell you right away if it's the amp causing the problem or a defective/inferior center.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Did you mean CS 175? I couldn’t find anything on Polk’s website about a CSi 175.

The CS 175 has a single small 5-1/4”woofer, so it’s possible it will sound a bit “thin.” Does your receiver have any tone controls? If so, try reducing the treble level, or if that doesn’t help, boosting the lows.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Actually Wayne, Danklin may be referring to the CSi25 which is available at Frys.com. It's a dual 5 1/4" center that appears to be a match for the R line of speakers. Just thought you would like to know. Otherwise, I have no idea what the problem might be.

Danklin26

Agent
Real Name
Noel
Thanks Wayne, yes it is a CS175. my apologies. It has one woofer, which was one of the reasons i thought it might sound the way it does. I have tried adjusting tone controls and it still sounds pretty bad. Thanks for the help.

I guess i should step up to the csi25. Anyone have luck with this center speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks