Center Channel for Plasma over Fireplace?? HELP

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by tonyGar, Oct 4, 2006.

1. tonyGar

tonyGar Agent

I just bought a Panasonic TH-42PH9UK Plasma without Speakers for over my fireplace.

I planned to run the sound through bookshelf speakers on either side of the fireplace. This is going to be straight stereo listening room and family room (I have a full, dedicated home theater in my basement).

However, now I am concerned that he book shelf speakers won't sound as good as speakers that I could have had attached with the Plasma (i.e. TV speakers).

Also, I was thinking of adding a Center Channel but don't know where and since I don't expect to add back speakers (i.e. sourround) it might be useless. I do have Boston Accoustics and B&W bookshelf speakers with a Denon A/V....

My question is has anyone else had the same problem of having a Flat Screen over the fireplace and running the sound through stereo speakers? Has it worked out? Any advise? Are the TV speakers worth getting???

Tony

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

"However, now I am concerned that he book shelf speakers won't sound as good as speakers that I could have had attached with the Plasma (i.e. TV speakers)."

I do small installations, and one person wanted little bookshelves instead of the TV speakers; it was THE BEST SOUNDING TV WE EVER DID without any surround system. I was surprised it sounded as good as it did.
    Don't worry about it- almost any decent bookshelf speaker will sound better than TV speakers and their 3" woofs.