Center channel for Martin Logan Aerius system

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bob East, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Bob East

Bob East Agent

My friend has a pair of Martin Logan Aerius speakers and would like to get a center channel for home theater use. He cannot afford a Martin Logan center channel. I'm wondering if anyone here has used another brand in a Martin Logan system with good results. Thanks!

2. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

I tried three brands of speakers (Paradyme/Atlantic Technology/Polk)as center channels with zero luck. The problem I ran into was the noticable difference in sound (clarity)between the Martin Logans and other brands of speakers. If your friend wants to watch movies using his Martin Logans as the mains he needs to save his money and buy a Martin Logan center as well. To be honest, I never realized what I was missing with my home theater until I changed all five of my speakers to Martin Logans.

3. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

While I agree that the ML center is best (I have a Cinema with my Aerius i's), I suggest you listen to a Klipsch Reference center channel. It is very fast which makes it a better match with the Logans. I use Klipsch surrounds with my Logans and they match very well. However, the front L-R-C match is sooo critical I think you should get a Logan too if at all possible.[​IMG]