1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Center channel bass amp match?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon B, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

I am building a 7.1 system, and my front 3 speakers will be semi-active bi-amped (2 way with passive XO and a bass module for each with an active XO at 250 Hz). I have a Crown macrotech 2402 to power the left and right bass modules (10" Lambda driver in a 2.75' sealed box). I'm looking for a good choice for a monoblock or bridgeable to mono amp that will match the specs on the Crown for the center bass channel.
    Should be 300-600 watts and < $700. I also have a dedicated sub, so these are only covering strongly down to 30-40Hz (30 when listening to music, 40 for HT). Only thing I've seen so far that sparked my interest was the old Adcom GFA-565.
    Any other ideas? The crown has pretty good specs and I'd like to keep it in the same league, without spending $1200 for a smaller Crown 602. Fans are OK, amps will be in a noise damped, ventilated enclosure.
    Thanks.
    BB

2. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Hellooooooo?