1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Center channel advice for Klipsch speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jwats!, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Message #21 of 26 Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Luke Cool

Luke Cool Stunt Coordinator

Joe
    Wives get smarter and more headstrong as they get older. I'm lucky, I married a music lover. This is why she will never part with the HPM 1100s. She does like movies too, and she appreciates a well built theater system.
    I won, or you won. It depends on the way you look at it. I spent a bit over $7,000.
    I already raised two boys, but GOD made it very clear that he wanted me to raise those girls too. ** I just buried my Father, father in-law, and the last member of my Mom's family of 7. I've supported different members of my family often and for long periods of time for over 30 years. Welcome to "getting old" and "having a screwed up family", I know both too well. ** My system improves as my knowledge grows, we're all here to learn and teach. Thank all of you that participate. ** I'll be dept free within a year, but have paid hell getting there. ** I try to find something fun in everything I do. If you have to do it, you might as well enjoy it.

2. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    Yeah Luke!!

Nobody told me getting old hurts mentally and physically. I guess in the end it is all worth while. I at least can look at all situations with a clearer vision the older I get. I know everything changes and bad situations don't last forever. I am a person that loves to help others, it makes me feel good. I also would like to thank all the fine people on this forum that I see trying to help others. Strength in numbers.

Luke Cool likes this.
  3. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
  4. Luke Cool

Luke Cool Stunt Coordinator

Joe
    The center speaker stand turned out nice, and sounds fine.

Now about he two Klipsch Quintet III center speakers that I am now using as front speakers in a Logitech computer surround system. Alone They sound fine. But when I compare them to the JBL center speaker that I just fixed and installed, or the Sanyo back channels that are 3 feet above them, they still sound dull. The Sanyo's have great highs and lows, the Klipsch have a superior mid range. Together, in the configuration they're in, they make a good set. The JBL turned out well, and is missing nothing. As is, with the subwoofer, this system gives an awesomely impressive listening experience. It is far superior to the original speaker set. I will leave it like this.

5. passerdeep

passerdeep Auditioning

William
    I was in the same situation few months ago, I had the sc1 as well, I replaced it with the r-34c, and The klipsch r-34c is your best bet if you can find it locally used at a good price tag, however, if you're looking to mix things up as well then there are a lot of options for your situation as the sc1 is pretty much on the side of entry level and if you're looking to up the ante of the vocals of the movies you watch (presumably) these center channel speakers options are the way to go and you can get them used at local Craigslist/ebay as well.

6. Liquidsteam

Liquidsteam Auditioning

Jason Carney
    Go for the Klipsch rf64 ii ......... I used one with the RF7 ii's for a few years and loved it.

Bob Bielski likes this.