What's new

Center Channel 5 Band Equalizer (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Yamaha RX-V861 A/V Receiver which has a 5 band equalizer for center channel adjustment. I have listed below the bands on this equalizer. How do I adjust to improve the low frequency (more bass) from the center channel speaker?

5 Band Equalizer:

100Hz ;;;;;; 0dB
300Hz ;;;;;; 0dB
1kHz ;;;;;; 0dB
3kHz ;;;;;; 0dB
10kHz ;;;;;; 0dB

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The 100hz band would be for the bass (mid-bass, really) but unless you have a gigantic center channel it should be crossed over in the receiver at 80-100 hz anyway so that might be why you don't get much bass from the center (which you really don't need anyway, that's what the sub woofer is for).

If you're trying to get deeper vocals from male voices then try increasing the 300 hz band a little bit.

Many HT enthusiasts feel an EQ does more harm than good but I've always liked them. But they can be difficult to adjust properly until you become familiar with how they work and what they do.

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. You said what I wanted to say about "getting deeper vocals for the male voice". Would it be better to leave the other settings at 0 and "play with" the 300 hz band?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks