Center and front speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad A, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Brad A

Brad A Agent

I'm trying to place my speakers....The top of my TV is about 57 inches off the floor is that too high for a center speaker??? (the compartment under the TV is too small to hold my center) and shouldn't my fronts be at an even height with the center speaker? I have the NSP1 speaker system... and also...is there a stand made to place my rear surrounds up to about 5 ft. ? Please give me some advice

2. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

im not 100% sure on this, anyone correct me if im wrong,but i have seen centers mounted on a small stand in front of the tv pointed upwards slightly,my local shop has a paradigm cc 370 used like this and i cant tell any difference in sound than if its sitting on top of the tv,i say if you can spare room if front of your set,this could be an option for you.

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

"Dolby Standards" spec that the tweeters be no more than 2' higher or lower than each other. I think they should be as close to the same level as possible, and also the same speaker if possible.

Of course you do whatchoo gotta do. At one time I had a 42" variance and hated it, but it was the only way for a time.

Personally, do what you can to make it the best for you and the rest of the household (wife).

60" stands are rare, maybe a wall mount or shelf? Ceiling mount?

4. Timothy_A.

Timothy_A. Agent

My center is about 8" above my screen; just happened to work out that way with ent. center. Mains are ~24" below the center but sound fine. I like it (sound-wise and looks-wise) better than when the mains were at the same height as the center.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Put it on top and angle it down with something.