What's new

Cemetery Man? Anyone? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Regionfree players are your friend.

But yes, it would be nice to have a Region 1 version, just so I can play it anywhere I want. I really love this movie (but prefer the original name Dellamorte Dellamore).

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
at the HTF chat in January with Peter Staddon from Fox, someone asked about this. Peter said that if they dont get it out this year, along with Terror Train, they will look into licensing it out.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Please get it to Blue Underground!!
I love this movie, I have the VHS somewhere.
I've been thinking of gettiing the Italian release, anyone have the good word on that disk?

Mat Kr

Grip
I don't know who has the rights to this film, but I know for a fact that I've read somewhere that a region 1 dvd is supposed to be released soon. I'll look around and see if I can find a link.

Mat Kr

Grip
Well, I couldn't find anything on the web. I know for a fact that I've read somewhere that this dvd would be coming soon. I believe 20th Century Fox owns the rights to this movie. So I believe they're the ones you need to talk to if you want to see this movie on dvd.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

The best edition out there is the R2 Italian disc. Anamorphic widescreen with English and Italian soundtracks and English subtitles (I find the English track preferrable since it features the voice of lead actor Rupert Everett). It also has a commentary and a featurette, but they're in Italian only without subtitles.

DJ

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Dellamorte Dellamore is one of my top 10 favorite films of all time, and is the best zombie film out there if you ask me. I grew very tired of waiting for Fox to put this masterwork on DVD, so I got the Italian Medusa DVD. Stellar transfer! A shame the extras are only in Italian though.

Ralph Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the Italian DVD is very nice. It's region 2 and PAL format, but with the right player it looks great.

Now if only I could decipher the ending. This is a film that, despite having zombies in it, makes you think. ;)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I agree - a very haunting ending that really stays with you, and made me reconsider the film as a whole when I first saw it. (There's some careful foreshadowing of the final shot in the opening scenes of the movie, too).

The Region 2 DVD from Medusa mentioned above is gorgeous. The Soavi commentary is in Italian only, sadly, so I'd be happy to see Blue Underground redo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks