What's new

Cellular- 2 disc DTS-ES in Taiwan? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Hey all,

Anyone have this? The R1 DD track kicks ass and I can't imagine how much better the DTS track is. I just put in an order last night and am waiting for the amount of my charges. Not sure about extras either.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I'm sure it'll sound great. By the way www.thedvdetective.com has a listing for the R3 DTS-ES version priced at $19.99 in American dollars. I ordered my uncut Kill Bill Vol.1 from them and had no problems. Alot cheaper than paying Yen and having it shipped from Asia!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Not really. I got the 2 disc for the same price plus ordered another. Shipping wasn't much more than what DVDdetective charges. That place kills you. And again, I'd rather have the 2 disc than the 1.

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
You're kidding, right? Personally, I think The DVDective has extrememly competitive prices; far from "killing" you. If you want to talk about "killing you", try places like HKFlix.com. It's just my opinion, but for R3 Asian releases, the DVDective generally beats these guys (and most of the other R3 importers into the U.S.) by several dollars. HKFlix sells IVL Celestial Shaw releases for $17.95 not inclusive of shipping!!

The DVDective is also a small business, so they won't be able to offer the prices of larger retailers on every single release. I also think their customer service is second to none.

Back on the subject of Cellular, I recently rented the R1 and was very underwhelmed by the DD 5.1 track, although admittedly my system is far from top of the line. I'd think if you were a fan of the film, a DTS-ES track would help immensly.

I'm not sure about the price of the 2 disc Taiwanese set, but it should be only DTS 5.1 (as opposed to DTS-ES 6.1), so it depends on how much you want to weigh sound versus extras. The Taiwan set could be a nice alternative, though.

CraigL

Screenwriter

Are YOU kidding? lol. I found the 5.1 track to be immensely engrossing and was really surprised at how much surround activity was happening. i think there were several reviews that responded the same way.

In any case, the Taiwan version is sitting at the post office waiting for me to come pick it up. Haven't decided if I'll pick up the other for the ES track but knowing how obsessive I can be about these things I probably will. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks