What's new

Cell phone speed dial number transfer? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If I needed to transfer a bunch of speed dial numbers stored in a Nokia cell phone, what product would you recommend to me (please provide weblinks if possible).

I have a product called "Fonesync" that we have used with the Nokia 6160 cell phone (it's only compatible with the newer Nokia 5165 cell phone), and it had a data cable with the right data connector for the cell phone, and a 9-pin serial port connector on the other end to connect with a PC. Fonesync is now defunct.

Now, we have quite a few different Nokia cell phone models, and we have some people that need to migrate those speed dial numbers (some folks have over 100 numbers saved) to a new cell phone model, current Nokia models we use: 8260, 3360, 5165, and the 6360.

So, any ideas?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, I know the 3360 can recieve numbers transferred from another phone or laptop (with the Nokia PC Suite software.. free from Nokia's website) via infrared (I'm not familiar with the 6360).
Another possibility: One of your cellular carrier's technicians should have software that can update the "IRDB" list on cellphones (we use "Wintesla" up here in WI). This software can also download/edit directories. They may be able to save the phone directories and upload them to another phone. But, you will need to find a technician who is a bit saavy with the software. Most carriers have to moved to over-the-air IRDB programming, so, the software probably doesn't get used a whole lot.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
You can't send/receive anything from the 8260. Nokia never bothered to make a data transfer cable. :frowning:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
You can't send/receive anything from the 8260. Nokia never bothered to make a data transfer cable.
Actually, they make a little box that fits in where the battery goes and the regular data cable can be used. I remember it took us quite a while to get our hands on one, though... so, not every provider may have it.
But, now that I think about it, it wasn't something for the general public. So, for the average Joe-cellphone, theres no data cable for the 8260.
The 3360's infrared does work pretty well with sending e-cards back and forth and also with the PC Suite.. but theres no data cable availble for non-infrared users. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread