What's new

Cell Phone question... (1 Viewer)

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
I've been with verizon wireless for a little over a year now..(2 year contract), and so far have had no problems.

I have an older motorola v120e phone, which has worked great, but I have been wanting to upgrade.

I went into verizon wireless zone place, and was told that I was not available to upgrade until october of this year, and If i wanted a new phone I would have to pay retail price for it, which the ones listed in the store varied from 200-600$.

I just thought this was crazy. Is this normal practice. I have no problem paying 150$ for a phone, and if they want to even tack on an extra year on my contract then fine...but paying all that money just seems crazy...Maybe if i go an actual verizon store instead of a verizon wireless outlet it will be different??

Just wanted some opinions...

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well, with Cingular you can get a free new phone at any time. I had about 6 months left on my two year contract when my phone broke. Went in to get a new one and they wanted me to pay retail or I was given the option of signing a new 2 year contract from that date and I got a free phone. I took it. I've known a lot of people that have done it.

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I dont mind them tacking on the extra contact time..I really dont.

Ill have to take a ride down to the other store and see what they can tell me...

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have my phone through Cingular. My three year old decided to see if my brand new phone could swim in the toilet. Needless to say, it couldn't. Since I had recently "upgraded" and failed to purchase insurance (it wasn't offered) I had to shell out the full retail price of the phone. The retail price was over $350. I told them that it would be cheaper for me to cancel the remainder of my contract at $175 and go to a competitor. They were happy to offer me the phone at the "upgrade" price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks