What's new

Cell phone question.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Should I be able to call my cell phone from my home phone? Whenever I do, I get a busy signal, but when I call from say my work phone, it'll ring. I've tried it twice on two different days so it most likely wasn't an outage and the signal strength is like 3/4 bars out of like 5..
Seems strange to me but what do I know.
Jay

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
yeah that's messed up. is it a fast busy? maybe if you dial the area code?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I always have to dial the area code cause my cell phone number is in a different area code than my home phone...
If a cell phone is unreachable, does the caller just get a busy signal or an actual message?
I think it's a standard busy signal, not really fast... I wonder if the WTC has anything to do with this.. I'm not in NYC and I do work only 10 miles from home.. who knows.
Jay

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
That's odd. I'd call your provider and talk to them about it. You should be able to call it from any phone (except itself).
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
That is odd. If you weren't at home, and someone who lives there is trying to get in contact with you... How would they? I'd complain about that to your cell fone provider.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Something's messed there Jay, I'd get on the phone right away. I'll ask my buddy for you, he's a cell phone "god". well... self proclaimed god..
biggrin.gif

------------------
McPaul.
[Edited last by Paul McGowan on November 03, 2001 at 04:09 AM]

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I work for a cellular provider..... This is most likly a landline problem, I would check with your landline company as well. Sometimes calls get routed wrong, hence the fast busy. When a user is out of the service area or cannot be reached you would get their voice mail or get a "the cellular customer you are trying to reach is not avalible at this time....." or something of the sort-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks