What's new

Cell Phone Carriers Reverse Lookup (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Is it possible to find out what carrier a person is using just by imputting their mobile phone number into some sort of search engine or directory.

I want to send someone a text message from the internet, but it requires their carrier, and I don't know what carrier they are using.

I am trying to find a carrier in Canada.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Yeah but I think that and most searches are for landline phones only, I was told a few months ago there is no directory for cell phones. But that may have changed by now?

DaveNel

Second Unit
Yeah they must have changed that from back a few years ago. I had a Sprint cell and I was needing someones number, And they said there was no way to look up cell or mobile phones.

Don Black

Screenwriter
You can to a certain extent:

http://fonefinder.net/

That site is generally accurate at reverse lookups of cellular carriers:

917750NEW YORK CITY ZONENew YorkCELLCO PARTNERSHIP DBA VERIZON WIRELESS - NYWIRELESS PROV

Although number portability has really affected its accuracy. Still, it's been right in my experience 8/10 times.

Enjoy!

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
SEND TO: [email protected]

then message you want to send.

I saw this on a forum long ago to sms a mobile user without needing to know the carrier by email (some guy set this up because in the old days you had to put the carriers extention).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks