Celine Dion "A New Day Has Come" SACD is out....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricK, Apr 20, 2002.

1. EricK

EricK Second Unit

Eric
    Today at CD World in NJ, I meandered past the dvd-a, SACD section looking for some goodies, and I hit the jackpot.
    Celine Dion's newest work "A New Day Has Come" is out on stereo/multichannel SACD! What a shock...I had not seen any annoucement for this, and the regular cd just came out a few weeks ago!
    I will report back later in the week on the sound and music, as I won't be able to play it until later on this week [​IMG] But I am looking foward to it. Anyone else happen to get this one yet?
    I hope Sony keeps releasing SACD new releases like this...
    Eric
    NP: Pink Floyd - Echoes

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Does anybody know of a website that publishes recent and upcoming SACD releases for those of us who really seem perplexed about where to pick up some of these titles? Lee Scroggins mentioned in another thread about the SACD release of the new Alison Krauss and Union Station, but I cannot find it anywhere...elusivedisk.com, acousticsounds.com, and all the biggies..tower, CDNow, etc. This would be a huge help.

Eric, please report back on your findings as I like her first single. Can anyone report on the greatest hits SACD she's put out?

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Eric,
    I had read on Audio Asylum that the Celine Dion SACD was coming out. So, I am not surprised. [​IMG] Definitely let us know how you like the music and the sound.
    As a sidenote, I like to have Sony titles on CD as well as SACD for playback in the car and office, but I won't be buying Celine's new album on CD. In case you haven't heard, it has copy protection. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Evan,
    I usually get my news of new releases and forthcoming releases on the Hi-Rez Highway board on Audio Asylum (www.audioasylum.com). One person who frequents the site and goes by the moniker of "bmoura" has a listing of all available SACDs on his web site. Do a search for his posts on that web site and you are bound to find a link to his web site. If I find it, I will post it here.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

5. Harrison Shinn

Harrison Shinn Stunt Coordinator

Harrison Shinn
    KeithH:

6. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Keith, Thanks for the link, but I tend to find AA a bit too blue blood for my tastes. There are some strong opinions on that board that tend to get a little self righteous. Also, I find it extremely tough to navigate. I much prefer the setup here at HTF...but thanks for the link and I do frequent AA from time to time if I'm researching a component as there tends to be a large sampling of people there who don't have your "run of the mill" stuff and it allows me to get some real world feedback.

7. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

I thought I read somewhere that the CD was only copy protected in Europe, but I certainly could be wrong about that.

Ryan