What's new

Celine Dion "A New Day Has Come" SACD is out.... (1 Viewer)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Today at CD World in NJ, I meandered past the dvd-a, SACD section looking for some goodies, and I hit the jackpot.
Celine Dion's newest work "A New Day Has Come" is out on stereo/multichannel SACD! What a shock...I had not seen any annoucement for this, and the regular cd just came out a few weeks ago!
I will report back later in the week on the sound and music, as I won't be able to play it until later on this week :angry: But I am looking foward to it. Anyone else happen to get this one yet?
I hope Sony keeps releasing SACD new releases like this...
Eric
NP: Pink Floyd - Echoes

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know of a website that publishes recent and upcoming SACD releases for those of us who really seem perplexed about where to pick up some of these titles? Lee Scroggins mentioned in another thread about the SACD release of the new Alison Krauss and Union Station, but I cannot find it anywhere...elusivedisk.com acousticsounds.com and all the biggies..tower, CDNow, etc. This would be a huge help.

Eric, please report back on your findings as I like her first single. Can anyone report on the greatest hits SACD she's put out?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Eric,
I had read on Audio Asylum that the Celine Dion SACD was coming out. So, I am not surprised. ;) Definitely let us know how you like the music and the sound.
As a sidenote, I like to have Sony titles on CD as well as SACD for playback in the car and office, but I won't be buying Celine's new album on CD. In case you haven't heard, it has copy protection. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Evan,
I usually get my news of new releases and forthcoming releases on the Hi-Rez Highway board on Audio Asylum (www.audioasylum.com). One person who frequents the site and goes by the moniker of "bmoura" has a listing of all available SACDs on his web site. Do a search for his posts on that web site and you are bound to find a link to his web site. If I find it, I will post it here.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Evan, I was wrong in that "bmoura" of Audio Asylum only lists multi-channel SACDs on his web site. Here is a link to his web site where you can then peruse various lists:
Link Removed

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
KeithH:

As a sidenote, I like to have Sony titles on CD as well as SACD for playback in the car and office, but I won't be buying Celine's new album on CD. In case you haven't heard, it has copy protection.
I have both the regular and SACD versions and can honestly say that the regular edition does NOT feature copy protection. How do I know? I made a compilation CD to play in my car for PERSONAL USE ONLY! :) and didn't run into any problems at all.

The new album is very good and quite a change for Celine in that she doesn't over sing. I love the ballad version of "A New Day Has Come". The SACD version uses the surround channels very tastefully...it's not overdone, and the bass is solid, but not overpowering. Of course, her voice sounds wonderful. Her piano only version of "Nature Boy" is terrific! It just shows what an incredible singer she is. It's so simple and stark and her voice just shines through.

If you're a fan, I highly recommend getting this album.

Cheers!

Harry

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Keith, Thanks for the link, but I tend to find AA a bit too blue blood for my tastes. There are some strong opinions on that board that tend to get a little self righteous. Also, I find it extremely tough to navigate. I much prefer the setup here at HTF...but thanks for the link and I do frequent AA from time to time if I'm researching a component as there tends to be a large sampling of people there who don't have your "run of the mill" stuff and it allows me to get some real world feedback.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I thought I read somewhere that the CD was only copy protected in Europe, but I certainly could be wrong about that.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks