celestion speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe McRae, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Joe McRae

Joe McRae Auditioning

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new line of celestion speakers it is a lower end line,

the model numbers are the F15 F10 F20 F30 F35

I just bought a home theater setup with these speakers because they sounded really good in the store and I got a really good deal on them. I feel good about this purchase, I just haven't seen anything on this line of speakers on the net yet??

2. Will C

Will C Auditioning

Hi,
    I also have the F series as my front speakers. They are good! In the UK they are only available through Richer Sounds. If you want somewhere where there are posts on them try avforums.com. search the speakers forum.
    Rgds
    Will[​IMG]

3. Joe McRae

Joe McRae Auditioning

Thanks Will,

It was a little reassuring to read positive comments about these speakers. My only question is, and I will post the same question in the avforum when I am registered is, are the F series that everyone talks about on that forum F1 F2 F3......the same speakers as the f10 f15 and f35 I have?

thanks for the help

4. Will C

Will C Auditioning

Hi,

I looked up on Celestion.com web site and they do not appear to have the F10 etc. only the F1,2,3 etc. Now it may be that yours in one for the North American market and therefore they have numbered it differently. Ask your supplier.

Sorry I can't help more

Rgds

Will

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Its a hugely old thread to resurrect here, but if Joe (or anyone else) cares, the F10, F20, F30 replaced the previous F1, F2, F3 series. The cones are slightly more rugged, but tonally are almost identical, thank goodness. I've had F3 fronts for ages, and then recently replaced my other main speakers with the F35 centre and F20 rears. They sound really nice, to my ears at least.

And yes, I do have floor-standers as rears. It was about the same for the F20s as it was for the F10 with decent stands, and I preferred the look of the F20.