What's new

Celery dipped in peanut butter: explain this to me (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm not a big celery fan either...so i never got into it.

but trader joes is just a fun store to walk around. i mean, some of the stuff there just makes you go, whoa. and i almost always leave with at least one or two bags of frozen edamame!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

on a completely unrelated note, anyone try tobasco on a hot-dog, rolled in a warm flour tortilla? the first time i saw my friend do that i almost gagged. now...it's pretty much the only way i can eat a hot-dog.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I love celery and PB. I don't like celery on it's own, though. I have blood sugar problems and thus am forced to give up a lot of the high-carb snacks so celery and PB fits the bill nicely.

NicholasL

Second Unit
It's the same as peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. Some can't believe the two go together, yet some grew up on the stuff.

What I think is odd about the PB and celery combo is that while celery is a dieter's best friend (it has negative calories - that is, it takes more to burn if off than what it gives you), dipping it in peanut butter completely defeats the purpose. After all, PB has what, about a Mars Bar's worth of saturated fat in 1-2 tablespoons? Bad bad bad.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
dipping it in peanut butter completely defeats the purpose
I guess it depends on how you look at it. You see a no calorie food item being corrupted by adding fattening PB, but I see it as I want to eat a bunch of PB and if I can use something that isn't fattening (i.e. Celery) as a way to get it out of the jar and not on my finger (as Peter mentions :)), then that's better than using a candy bar :D

Celery...the non-fattening/edible spoon. It's merely a tool.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
but I see it as I want to eat a bunch of PB
THAT is what I was looking for. Now I feel like I have an answer or at least a better grasp of this celery and peanut butter thing. Thanks, Mark. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong; so basically it's all about eating the peanut butter. The celery isn't a big factor even though it makes up 50% of the snack. You could use your finger, a knife, some bread and even celery to eat peanut butter.

I feel like I just arrived on earth and this stuff needs to be explained to me, but I guess it's because I was never really into peanut butter so the idea seems foreign.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Correct me if I'm wrong; so basically it's all about eating the peanut butter.
Well, I can't say this is the definite answer, but it's the reason why I (and probably a lot of others) did it. :D

"It's all about the PB" - Sounds like a new Skippy campaign ;)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I spent 10 years of my life working up into management at those hippie stores. I am a TJ's food addict, they beat out any standard breed grocery store.
Hey Ron—does that hippie store sell Stone’s? If so, would that make it a hippie beer? :D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Gary it has nothing to do with gulping large amounts of peanut butter. It's a tasty snack. Easy and portable. Low mess factor. There is no going any deeper than that. :)

Fattening ?, it depends. Yes, high in fat but works pretty well as a snack in the low-carb diet genre.

My summertime favorite: PB, Jelley, with Nacho Cheese Doritos in the middle. Add beach sand...MMMMMMMM

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Never tried PB* & celery. :crazy:

PB* on a Ritz is great. :emoji_thumbsup:

Honey on a Ritz is the best home made snack ever.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

A friend used to put sugar on cottage cheese. :eek:

I'm hungry. :D

* Smooth peanut butter only please, chunky brings up all sorts of disgusting thoughts. ;)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I got out to peruse a different career, but managers at most stores will pull-in between 110k-150k easily, plus yearly bonuses.
For those of you in shock it should be mentioned that this is a fairly normal salary for large grocery stores. The managers in charge of the deli/meat department and produce department also do quite well for themselves.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Yes, but I certainly don't envy then for the amount of responsibility/time they have to invest in their job as a supermaerket manager.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Anyone remember the "peanut butter" scene from "Training Day" when the old cops talk about some dude pulling extra chunky PB out of his rear and eating it during a trial, making everyone think he was insane?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Oh man, that brings back memories. Ants on a log was the "pre-school snack time" snack of choice for us growing up.

I also like peanut butter with apples, ice cream, and bananas (all mentioned here), but I've never heard of peanut putter and dill pickles!? That just sounds weird.

On a related note, in the classic movie Little Monsters starring Howie Mandel and Fred Savage, a character makes peanut butter and onion sandwhiches. I tried that one time as a kid and almost threw up.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I've never understood the need to jam that celery crevice full of goop whether it be PB, cream cheese, or Cheez Wiz. Just leave the poor celery alone already.

Now as for PB, nothing's tastier than a PB and sliced jalapeno sandwich...seriously.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I gotta try a peanut butter and bananna sandwhich. This just sounds too good.

Raisins are gross, as is chunky PB.

I grew up on Cheeze-Whiz sandwiches.

Peace In~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks