What's new

Celebrity Sightings (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
When my dad was a van driver to bring people to and from Logan Airport in Boston he picked up members of the band Boston a few times. My dad also did some upholstry work on the lead singer of Godsmack Sully Erna's chopper motorcycle at the upholstry shop he worked at before he died.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Several years ago, after "The Piano" was released, my sister and I were waiting in line to be seated at a Chinese restaurant in Oakland, California. While standing there, I noticed Harvey Keitel sitting towards the back of the restaurant with his wife/girlfriend/assistant. I pointed him up to my sister, who thought that he was William Shatner, and she wanted to go get an autograph. I told her not to disturb the man when he's having dinner. My sister refused to listen to me and walked straight to his table...and I reluctantly followed. To my surprise, Mr. Keitel was very friendly and gladly signed the napkin my sister handed to him. My sister even chatted with him for a minute of so.

While working for a cell phone company, I took calls from Barry Bonds and Peter Graves (Mission Impossible)....all nice guys.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does Harvey have a bad reputation, or did you just think he was like the characters he portrays (that have a bad reputation :))?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But he's the DEVIL!!! :laugh:

My brother and I once saw (a long time ago) one of the Samoans (an old wrestling tag-team trio) and he wanted to say something to him. I was like "He's got more food on his table than YOU weigh...do you REALLY want to disturb him while he's eating???" :D

p.s. I guess I'd have to suggest the same with Kate Stelnick. Don't want to lose an arm during the feeding-frenzy.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I was at a hotel wine tasting when Chuck D. and the rest of Public Enemy rolled into the room (they were in town for a concert). Picture soft classical music in the background with flower arrangements and people talking softly and sipping wine. Chuck D. took one look around and headed for the door (probably not a great venue for his 'rep' :)).

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Well, I've seen lots of celebrities (Mostly at the Michael Landon tennis classic... now known as the Beau Bridges tennis classic). Most of the celebrities below I did meet.

James Avery
Eddie Furlong
Rick Springfield
Christopher Atkins (sp?)
Rebecca Arthus
Barney Martin
Richard Mull
Markie Post
Harry Anderson
Beau Bridges
Michael Landon
Bernie Kopell
Gavin McCleod
Betty White

Public sightings for me:

Juliette Lewis was shopping with a few friends at a local second hand store I was at. I didn't recognize her right away and probably wouldn't have at all if somebody didn't point her out to me.

Met Joyce Dewitt in Brown County when I was like 5.

Met Lisa Weschel of Facts of Life fame and she gave me her highschool picture and signed it.

Saw Kevin Costner playing golf at the El Conquistador.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Here's a list of clebrities I've met over the years in New York City or at least spotted up close, though in most cases I sought them out as an autograph collector, or ran into someone while waiting for someone else's signature:

Al Pacino
Sylvester Stallone
Al Lewis
Charlton Heston
Rob Reiner
John Cusack
David Paymer
Robert Palmer
Paul McCartney
Linda McCartney
Sarah Jessica Parker
Kirstie Alley
Joan Jett
Woody Allen
Carly Simon
Roy Scheider
Patrick Stewart
Tom Bosley
Tony Randall
Jack Klugman
Tim Conway
Elton John
Tom Bosley
Nicolas Cage
Roddy McDowall
Kim Hunter
Isabella Rosellini
Marsha Mason
Ed Koch
Warren Beatty
Annette Bening
Phoebe Cates
Uma Thurman
Linda Blair
Art Garfunkel
Sean Connery
Ellen DeGeneres
Rosie O'Donnell
Raquel Welch
John Travolta
Sean Young
Michael Keaton
Fran Drescher
Tony Curtis
Chris O'Donnel
John Goodman
Randy Quaid
Jessica Lange
Ringo Starr
Barbara Bach
Barbara Walters
David Letterman
Yoko Ono
Perry King
David Brenner
Paul Schaffer
Phil Donahue
Melissa Gilbert
Rick Schroder
Kenny Rogers
Tim Conway
Pamela Anderson
Sarah Chalke
Maureen McCormack
Rick Moranis
Charles Grodin

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
At the last 3 places I have worked, these celebs have come in, and I have been the salesperson they have talked to. (Sometimes no talking, just taking their money. ;) )

Brad Pitt
Brendan Fraser
Meg Ryan
Michael Keaton
Margot Kidder

One time I was at large party of sorts, and wasnt expecting to see any cebrities... I had been standing next to this guy for several minutes before I realized it was Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue. Big deal for me, as I was a raging Crue fan back in the late 80s/ early 90s.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Well, lately I've seen Danny Glover in my high school, a couple of weekends ago. He was on his cell. I really wanted to ask him, "What the hell were you doing in The Cookout?" Shook his hand. Also while out with my female friend and her friends, I saw rapper Fabolous. He looked extremely tired. Funny thing...I was looking too hard for him apparently, and then I happened to find his bodyguard. I didn't know at the time that it was his bodyguard of course. So I asked him, "I heard Fabolous was here." He gave me some wishy washy answer, so then I retorted, "Of course YOU woudn't know who he was." Then he said" I would know who he was, of course YOU wouldn't." I muttered, "you son of a bitch" under my breath. But it was fun.

John K Carter

Stunt Coordinator
A few years back, my wife & I traveled to see Todd Rundgren. I have listened to Todd for years & this was going to be the 1st time I saw him live.

When we checked in at our hotel close to the performance hall, Todd was at the desk with his tour manager making a complaint about the network connection in his room. Looks like he was staying at the same place.

I went over to say something, anything & it was unreal, he told his manager he would call his room later & started chating with us. I asked him a few questions, he cracked a couple of jokes. He then asked us where we where from.

I told him we were from the Nashville, TN. area & asked him why he never makes it into that city. He said he didn't know, it had been a long time since they had been in Nashville.

When I finally said we didn't want to bother him too much & started to leave he said it's wasn't a problem. He then proceeded to walk with us to the elevator got on, pushed our floor number for us, and chatted with us on the way up. We got off before he did, he said thanks for coming to the show, hoped we enjoy it.

Later that night at the encore of the show he said "Here's a shout out to my Nashville homies". Could have been us, could have been someone else but I'd like to think.. :)

The cool thing is, since that time Todd has had two more tours, both have had dates in Nashville. Another tour has just started with Joe Jackson & Ethel and a Nashville date has been added. Could be some other reason but I'd like to think.. :)

Another notable event,
Standing on the sidewalk of B.B. King's Blues Club, Beale Street Memphis, TN. with bluesman Gatemouth Brown watching traffic go by.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
In the early 90's my wife was driving behind a limo and I had reached down to get some cassette tapes off the floor, at that instant the limo had stopped and the person who got out was waving and making a commotion. My wife said something like, "look at that guy, thinks he's cool for riding in a limo". I looked up then and started laughing because it was Sinbad. He was in town doing a show. Also when I worked at a music store I had met some of the guys from Pantera, they bought a boom box.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I remember a few years back running into Kirstie Alley at the Disney here in downtown Toronto.

This was long before the cosmetic surgery. She had no makeup on and looked how a normal early 40's woman should look.

My brother ran into Robin Williams outside the AGO a few years ago, very shy and quiet, but friendly.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
My girlfriend's father once had an hour long conversation with Trish Stratus in an airport bar without knowing who she was.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I didn't know who Trish Stratus was until just now after I looked her up on Google, so your dad definitely isn't alone. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I saw this guy yesterday in Manhattan:

Chi McBride, minor celebrity I guess, I mostly remember him as the principal from Boston Public.

Now, see how celebrities invariably turn out to be smaller than they look on TV and in movies? This is the one exception I can think of. This fellow is huge. I am no slouch, but felt like a little punk walking past this guy. I never knew he was this big, from the handful of Boston Public episodes and other shows/movies starring him I watched. Imdb lists him at 6'5", almost seems too short.

He was dressed in a pink suit (!!!). So was his unreservedly hot companion.

--
H

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Several years ago I was at a small party in Central Texas and spent much of the time visiting with a tall fellow from Iceland. He was very friendly and easy to be with.
It wasn't until someone called him "Gunnar" that I realized I'd been hanging with Leatherface.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks