What's new

Celebrity Sightings (1 Viewer)

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
About 20 years ago I was in a 24hr supermarket near the Mayo Clinic in Rochester,MN when at about 3AM in a sleepy hurry I went to quickly around a corner and bumped my cart into the cart of Tiny Tim. A very nice man.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I've run into George Takei in airports three different times, in three different cities. The man must live in airports.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Man... I must attract celebrities...

1. I sold Stephen Spielberg a cd a couple years ago.

2. Got to hug Jewel...

3. Saw Jack Nicholson right across the street filming "About Schmidt"

4. Hung out with B.B. King for a bit.

5. Met Ben Folds.. of Ben Folds Five.

6. Went swimming with Ken Griffey jr. ( he was at our hotel)

7. Ran into Kathy Ireland here at my work. I made her sign my Godfather III box. ( it was all I had at the time)

As for my friend.. he attracts them even more.
1. Hung out with Verne Troyer (Mini-me) a month ago
2. Went out golf carting in the middle of the night with Jack Osborne.

3. His buddies are the Airwalk team and they hung out a lot with the dude from the fast and the Furious.. I cant remember his name.. but he was the same guy that was in "The Rookie"
Thats about all I can think of right now...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

The above picture is my only documented quasi-celebrity encounter.

I once saw Cloris Leachman in a bar/restaraunt here in town. She was doing a theater show across the street and came in late to ask if they still were serving food. They weren't and she left. I almost shouted "hey! You're nurse Diesel!"

Oh yeah, and I had the late Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame ask me where the bathroom was at a private airport. His plane just landed and he looked like he really had to go. :)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I walked past Steven Segal and his family last night as I was leaving the elevator at the UCLA Medical Center. It was a little trippy since he is a stranger but I know him(in a way).

Michael Anthony came into my shop several years back wanting know where the mechanic across the way would be back. That mechanic did all of Van Halen's rides, Eddie had a nice Harley that looked like his guitar, Anthony was driving his full size Chevy.

I saw Mellisa Gilbert when I was skiing up in Big Bear in about 1991. We were going home and she and her friends were coming for the half day I guess; as we walked by I looked at her for a second and realized who she was. The story is so old this part is probably my revisionist history but I swear she was checking me out as we past each other. LOL.

Not much.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks for mentioning Steven Seagal, Jeremiah! I didn't meet him, but here's the story...

This past March, I got to perform with the college choir I'm in at two concerts (in Detroit and New York) with A.R. Rahman, Bollywood's most famous score composer (as far as I know). There were a lot of other Bollywood celebrities there as well, and I think one starred in Monsoon Wedding. We all got to meet Rahman before and after the New York concert, which brings me to this topic...

I FORGOT TO BRING MY LAGAAN DVD FOR RAHMAN TO SIGN!!! :angry:

Oh well, I've got pictures of me and him along with the rest of the choir, and I was one of the people right next to him at picture time.

Which brings me back to Steven Seagal...

After we got done with the New York concert, a guy from Stevel Seagal Enterprises said that he might be interested in having us perform a song for a Disney movie! Granted, most of these things don't usually work out, but just getting an offer is awesome enough.

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I also met Muhammad Ali quite by accident. About 6 years ago I was with my wife shopping on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. We were in Feline's Basement and I was quite bored. I looked out the window across the street and I saw a swarm of people around someone. I knew it had to be a celebrity of some sort, so I told my wife I was going to run across the street to see who it was. As I got outside, the man and his entourage were heading into Marshall Fields. I went in behind them and then saw Ali inside still greeting fans. I got to shake his hand. He was incredibly friendly to all that approached him.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Richard Simmons at LAX airport back in January of this year. He was on our flight and actually sat 2 seats behind me and my wife. Yes he is as hyper in real life as he is on TV.

Jeff

James T

Screenwriter
How did you recognise him without KISS makeup on? Then again, I note it was in Vegas, did he have his full getup on at the time?
KISS took off their makeup about 2 decades ago. Then they put it back on. So it's not really hard to tell who's who in the band without their makeup. And to answer the question, no. It was only Gene who was there and he was without his makeup and costume.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
A few months before I moved out here to Boston, I ran into Kirby Puckett at Galyn's in Richfield (Minneapolis Burb). Of course, nowdays, he's more infamous than famous.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I meet the actor who played Q from all those James Bond films, in the lobby of the Las Vegas Hilton, while I was there for the CES show 6 years ago. He was a very nice kind man and he really appreciated it when I told him I enjoyed his work. Also, in 1994 I was staying at the San Diego Hilton and the San Franscisco Giants were in town staying there. I saw Willie McGee and a few other players in the lobby that I didn't know for sure who they were. Later in the night as I was walking out of one of the hotels bars and a tall older gentleman was coming in.
I asked hi are you Bobby Bonds? He said yes I am and he turned around and walked right out of the bar. Must have been something I said :D .

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
One to add - When flying home from LA once I was shocked to see Ben Stein sitting by himself in first class as I walked onto the plane. He was sort of staring at and appraising everybody who walked by. Some folks from New Zealand were in front of me in the aisle and were wearing ranger hats. He asked them if "you're going on Safaaariiiii" in that Ben Stein drawl we all know. He was very nice, I talked to him for a minute and said the obligatory comments about enjoying his comedy. If I'd been thinking more on my feet I would have said "Man, that speech you wrote for Nixon in January of 71 was AWESOME.."

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
About a month ago I got sent to some motivational seminar in Plano for the company I work for.

Well, I got to the thing earlier and decided to get some grub in the hotel across the street and I am talking to this nice old man about Dallas, and about getting engaged (which I did the night before), and he tells me about his wife and how long he has been married, etc. He then was telling me how he was watching Catch Me If You Can in the hotel that night, and we talked about that... Then we parted our ways.

Well, the first speaker of the event was this nice old guy.. it was none other than CHUCK YEAGER!

I did not realize it was him while I was talking to him. What an idiot I am.

Other brushs:

Nolan Ryan -- He and I sat next to each other on a flight from Chicago to Dallas my freshman year in college
George W. Bush - when he lived in Dallas
George Brett
Ed Asner came to my grandfathers funeral unexpectedly, they has been friends
Bill Cosby was a guest of the President of Michigan State Univeristy at a football game in which my family was in the box for.

Dennis Rodman used tolive in my neighborhood in Dallas a few years ago, he owned a pink cigeratte boat.

Tom Izzo the coach of Michigan State basketball called me an congratulated me on my engagement to my fiance because my sister met him at a bar crawl at MSU that he attended and she coaxed him into calling me using her cell phone./

That a few.

-- Matt

James_S

Second Unit
Way back when I was working at a retail-clothing store and I sold some clothes to Steve Largent when he was a Seahawk – Very Nice gentleman.

In 1983 I was in Easy Street Records and saw Geoff Tate, Scott Rockenfield, and Chris DeGarmo from Queensryche, They all signed an original local label EP that I still have today.

Another Queensrhyche story I used to couple of clubs and used to hang out with Eddie Jackson. His girlfriend was a friend of mine.

I was California along time ago and I had my picture (now destroyed) taken with OJ way back when, it was taken in front of his Ferreira outside of a gallery where his was buying a painting for his wife.

In Las Vegas this past February I ran into Carrot Top at Jay Leno’s stand-up show at the MGM Grand. There were also a lot of celebs there The Rolling Stones were also playing there, saw Fred Durst, and a couple others.

In my line of business I have worked on and have seen inside of several “celebrities” homes:

Paul Allen’s Estate
Detlef Schrempf’s Home
Bill Gates’ Estate
Kurt Cobain’s Getaway Cabin
Bob Bender’s Home
Some other Microsoft’s Executives (confidential agreements)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I work the stage door of a B'way theater so I not only deal with whatever celebs are in the show, I deal with all the guests, many of whom are celebs.

I must say Henry Winkler was the coolest guy I've ever met working there.

:)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
1. Met Patrick Stewart. It was at a Trekkie convention but away from the organized events. Truthfully, one of the writers from TNG conned me into taking his picture with Stewart.

2. Waited on Jamie Escalante while working at Radio Shack about 11 years ago. He was the guy who Edward James Olmos played in Stand and Deliver.

3. Met Pat Boone back in Fall 2001 at a hospital of all places. His grandson was in the hospital because of a very bad fall from the roof of a three story building. My brother was in the hospital for fortunately less serious problems. Anyway, he was very nice and gracious. A great guy.

4. At the same time, I met his granddaughter, Jessica Corbin of TechTV/The Screen Savers fame. What a sweetie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks