Celebrity Sighting! Sarah McLaughlin

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Len Cheong, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Just saw her at Baby's World in Coquitlam shopping with for a stroller with her hubby. She looked like she was about 8 months pregnant. I think this is my first celebrity sighting in the entire time I've been in the lower mainland.

2. Rain

Rain Producer

Are you kidding? First one? How long have you been here?
    I've seen so many (including Sarah) that I've lost count. Too bad I'm not the type of person who really gives a rats ass about it. [​IMG]

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I saw Michael Jackson in Vegas. He was coming out of FAO Schwarz at the Forum Shops (Caesars Palace).

I saw Dan Dierdorf at the Chicago airport last November. He had two bags of McDonalds in one hand. He doesn't get around so well, I don't think his right leg bends much at all anymore.

4. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I bumped into JC Van Damme and Natasha Henstridge at a Toronto strip club.

The strippers swarmed over Van Damme, and the patrons swarmed over Henstridge.

Quite the site.

5. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

I grew up in NJ, and was a big Rangers fan, now I live in Ca golf country and bartended at a country club...I haven't been keeping up with hockey and the rangers due to climate and tv mostly..anyways Glen Sather came in for lunch with a whole mess of Oilers, and then a year later with a whole mess of Rangers...
    Then I was working the bar one day, and now I really know nothing about hockey, and I was talking to three guys who i thought were hockey guys but didn;t recognize.. Talked to them for a while, and even told them i was a Rangers fan.. never asked there name or anything..
    the one guy was Mark Hardy, former Ranger, now assistant head Coach fror the Kings, who didn't even mention to me that he was one of my favorite Rangers...The other guy was that Fox sports Fox guy who was also in Mystery, Alaska, and I think the other guy was Dave Taylor.. beats me!
    we've seen it all down here though..I've also worked at Dave & Buster's in Denver and I got to talk with Terrel Davis alot during the playoffs and super bowl back in whenever they won it. I had to help kick him and his entourage out of the place one night. he couldn't believe it. (largest bar in colorado in case you don't know)
    Its just weird all the people you end up seeing and when you do you think it is no big deal, except to post like this and brag about it..[​IMG] Alice Cooper plays golf!! Joe Pesci, Celine Dion, and that guy Tony Roberts is HUGE..He's like a giant.
    anyways, probably the coolest ones are the ones who aren't really famous anymore, and are kind of down and out..
    I happened to be detained with Rick Roberts of Firefall for a while in '97, and that was interesting.. won't say anymore about it though...
    good music though, too bad I never heard of Firefall until after I met him.
    there is more though, although I was on vacation when I found out that the secret service had cordoned off the clubhouse because the Republican Congress decided to stop by for a dinner.
    If you doubt me a little, then check out the Bob Hope golf tourney which should be on ABC or something this coming week or two...I don't work there anymore though so I won't wave hi to you... [​IMG] Oh Adam Sandler goes into golf shops and makes a comedy act by pretending like he is stuffing golf balls in his shorts and shoplifting...pretty funny dude. and it is also not fun being a bouncer and standing next to Neil Smith when he was with the Broncos, kind of scary for me at 5'7"..[​IMG]

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I've never had a Celeb sighting... maybe coz im 16, and dont get out much [​IMG]
    My dad HAS seen Bryant Reeves (Memphis Grizzlies) before, and one of the sedin twins (Canucks hockey) at ikea... are they celebs? :p)

7. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

if they are at Ikea then they're celebs man!!!

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I go to ikea.. does that make me a celeb? [​IMG])

9. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

"you could be joe's coffee table"

instead of his gall bladder...(FC)

10. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

I remember quite a few years ago being in a local strip club downtown (the Cecil for those in Vancouver) and looking over and seeing Ethan Hawke (prior to marrying Uma Thurmann) drunker than a skunk right up in gyno-row. He was sloshing around and telling the peelers who he was. Kind of pathetic but he was really young back then.

Patrick

11. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

I was in a cigar lounge a couple weeks ago and Luis Tiant was there having a cigar or two. Nice guy.

-Steve

12. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I held the door for James Earl Jones at a hotel in Stroudburg, PA. I had stopped for gas, and the only ATM at that exit was across the street at the hotel. As I was walking in, he was walking out, and thanked me for holding the door open.

Once inside, while using the ATM, I overheard the girl behind the desk on the phone with one of her friends. "The guys here all said he was in Star Wars, but I don't remember a big black guy in Star Wars!"

Sigh...

13. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Len,
    I guess that you didn't have her CDs on hand for autographing. [​IMG]
    Dave

14. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

Well, were I work I am between the Ritz and the Westin.

Every sports team, band etc stay here.

If I don't see someone famous in 3 days I start to

wonder. The best, though, was when I had to say good bye

to Steven Tyler. The man just would not stop talking, and

I was a fan. Hehehehe. Too cool.

15. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

"Are you kidding? First one? How long have you been here?"

Rain, been here my whole adult life. Guess I stay indoors too much. With all the filming going on here, we should be bumping into more of them.

"I guess that you didn't have her CDs on hand for autographing"

David, no but I had my baby with me and could've asked her to sign my baby's hat. I was too starstruck to even do that. Now if I had her concert DVD with me, that would have been da bomb.

16. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Rumor has it that a lot of celebrities hide out in Montana. I for one don't know how true that is. I have never seen a celebrity. Never. And I'm not afraid to admit that.

Jon

17. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    I sold Joel Otto a camcorder when I was working in a Calgary Future Shop.

Am Pamela Anderson's cousin (can't remember what order, it's 2nd cousin or something). - no joke. and no, we don't get together, I've never met her. My Dad has met her Dad though.

Oh and there was a huge Robert Kennedy Celebrity ski tournament for charityy in Banff this past weekend, tons of celebs there, can't list them all, but since I didn't know about it, I was here in Calgary ....

18. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

Glenn Sather is a jerk by the way...But those three Kings guys are pretty cool.

I always wonder if celebrities are offended if you don't acknowledge who they are...I do that just about every time.

Don Baylor is also a nice guy. And Yogi Berra drank Haake Beck (NA beer) the last time I saw him. I guess his drinking days are over, well cause they're over.

I bet alot of people have seen celebrities and just don't know it.

The top two for me are the Firefall guy, and having to tell Terrel Davis that him and his friends have to leave...After a playoff game in Denver!!! what?

19. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

20. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

there are also places in Idaho where alot of celebs go to hide out...and some of them get into regular community problems just like everyone else, I saw a news story about one couple, can't remember who though..

people cut their trees down too!