What's new

Celebrity Poker Showdown on Bravo (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I think the main problem was that there was no suspense, or emotion. The celebs aren't playing with their money. They don't need the money, so there is no pressure to win. That's why Willie played like an a$$hole. He didn't care.

Unlike WSoP where people are playing for their livelyhood.

This won't last.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree that since they don't play with their own money they don't seem to care. However, they only have $50K, so even if it's not their own money, they're out of the game as soon as they've lost that. I thought it was odd that they were so willing so fast to knock themselves out of the game by going all in.

Well, it's only a 6 episode show. :)

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hunter P-

I agree that the commentators need to be spruced up. I like Kevin Pollack as an actor, but he just doesn't cut it here. They should bring in Norman Chad to do the color. Even Gabe Kaplan would be better!

Does anyone know if anyone from the cast of Rounders will participate? That would be cool.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Was it just me or did Alison Janney get completely hammered on the all-"West Wing" episode?

The quality of the poker was a step above last week's show. Timothy Busfield, John Spencer and Richard Schiff were all respectable poker players. At least Phil Gordon wasn't saying, "What the hell?" nearly so often.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
They were playing a lot of hands that would never be held in the World PokerTour, but the episode was enjoyable never the less. I was expecting Bussfeld to win because he had played the best, but Schiff pulled it out in the end.

Tonight it should be a good episode of WPT. It's Ladies Night!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Timothy Busfield, John Spencer and Richard Schiff were all respectable poker players.
John Spencer was terrible. He caught four of a kind on the river and he was nervous about it. He checked far too often when he was in the lead, and he played a ton of terrible cards that should have been folded early. Schiff got lucky a few times, but played well enough to take advantage of his lucky breaks. Busfield deserved to win, but I know from experience that "deserve" has no meaning at the poker table.

But by comparison to Alison Janney - yes they were all terrific poker players. :D

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks