What's new

Celebrity Poker Showdown on Bravo (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Poker? I hardly knew her.

Well, it's officially the hottest sport on TV now that they added mini cameras to allow the viewer to peek at their cards.

The Bravo Channel is jumping the bandwagon with Celebrity Poker Showdown starting this Tuesday night. What? No Matt Damon or Ed Norton? I would have loved to see John Malkovich sit down and say, "Mr. son of a bitch! Let's play some cards."

I am definitely watching this series. I would like to see how these professional actors do when it comes to bluffing. You would think that they would have a natural talent for it but I think some of them will be rather clumsy at it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This show looks horrible.
Of course you have Ben Affleck the addicted Gambler in there.
Like we havent gotten tired of hearing or seeing him in the news the last few months.

Does someone get killed on the last episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you miss it in its usual timeslot, you have 9 other chances to see it before episode 2 shows next Tuesday.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I keep imagining it would be like the poker scene from Ocean's Eleven. That was one of the funniest scenes from the movie.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they'll put the camera in the middle of the table and just spin it around for an hour.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'lll watch it because I like World Poker Tour on the Travel Channel. A hundred thousand dollars is chump change compared to WPT or the World Series of Poker on ESPN. I think Fox will be showing a high-stakes tournament over the X-mas break.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
NBC will also air the WPT as counter-programming for all the Superbowl pre-game shows.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I think Fox will be showing a high-stakes tournament over the X-mas break.
Is that the same one Fox Sports Net showed on Thanksgiving day? Great tourney, by the way.

WPT has a new episode next week, a ladies only tournament.

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Evil Willie Garson took down Ben Affleck to win his table. Ben was on tilt when Willie got lucky on the turn, which literally turned the showdown around for him.

I don't like the format because I'd rather see all of these celebs playing at the same time, and then eventually the last table should be whittle down to 5 players (if you start with 25). But you can't milk it for 6 weeks in that format.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought the show was pretty good, I laughed a few times. David Schimmer(sp?) got screwed with his 3 Aces though, but that's Poker.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've had the same thing happen to me that happened to Schwimmer. The guy pulled out a flush on the river to beat my 3 Aces (I had 2 bullets buried and was slow playing my hand after flopping the 3rd ace).

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Calling with a pair of threes? Damn, someone please get me into their home games. I need to make my rent.

I knew that the play wouldn't be professional quality but I still liked it. The show seems to be missing something though. I don't know what it is. Maybe they need a better (funnier?) host than Mr. Pollak. I like his work but maybe he's not the best choice for this. Or maybe the show needs more exciting personalities than Schwimmer and Affleck. I don't really know what it needs but it definitely needs a little more punch.

I look forward to the Michael Ian Black game. Hopefully, he's his usual devil-may-care self.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I think the most aggressive player will win this tournament. A lot of players were betting and raising small amounts so it was easy for other players to call and suck out on them. They need to go all in more often.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It was OK. Either the stakes aren't high enough or because of the fact that the stars aren't playing with their own money, I didn't think they were taking it serious enough. I'll watch, but I prefer The World Poker Tour.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I'm looking forward to the West Wing cast playing eachother as I think it will have what last night's show was missing--playful banter. All the guys last night seemed too uncomfortable with each other, probably having just met for the first time a few minutes before, to make it really fun. Since the West Wing cast has been together four plus years now, they'll be much looser. Should be fun.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how far Willie will go in this tournament. He really played pretty crappy, but was saved by his luck. I wonder how far that luck can carry him. The nice thing about him winning was that he was the only one who displayed some personality and showmanship.

The funniest moment was when someone in the audience shouted to Affleck as he was contemplating his bet: "The man without fear!". That brought a smile to his lips. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Willie's made the final table, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the first of the final 5 to leave the final table 5 weeks from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks