Celebrity Poker 1/6/03 - Bravo spoils the game.

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Michael Harris, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

What was Bravo thinking? Ten minutes before the show was over and it was down to Mimi Rogers and Dave Scott they show a commercial for the two hour finale. Guess what? They showed Dave Scott at the table with the other finalists. So, knowing who the winner was I changed the channel. Nice spoiler guys.

2. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Err, some folks probably haven't seen it. What's the purpose of this thread? Those who have seen it will only say "yeah" and those who haven't...

3. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

You know what would be good for the game?

Pete Rose.

4. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

I offer the following in response to your post:

1. David Cross was the winner and was never shown in the preview of the finals. They did show Willie Garson in the preview since he was the winner from the first show. He is also a bald, white man - perhaps the source of your confusion.

2. This episode was like the worst imaginable episode of Celebrity Jeopardy times ten. Scott Stapp and Carrie Fisher didn't even understand the rules of the game. Tom Green apparently never did anything good since they edited out all of the hands he participated in. Mimi Rogers misplayed her hands in the heads-up situation and folded when she was in the lead. They did edit out some hands where the bulk of her chips disappeared, so she also sufferred some bad luck.

3. Seeing the shot of Carrie Fisher sitting in the loser's lounge has attacked and eliminated any brain cells formerly storing the positive gold bikini in Jedi memories. She's still pretty damn funny at times, but I'll miss the days when I could remember her as being hot. Mimi Rogers is still hot, though. She would totally intimidate me at the poker table.

Brad

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I was rooting for David all the way. He was down to $1000 pretty early but managed to come back to win. He and Mimi seemed to be the only ones who knew how to play. (If I hadn't hated Creed before, I surely hate them now!)

I am torn on who to root for next week. Either David Cross or Paul Rudd. Either way it should be good because the final five all seem to know how to play.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It was Willie Garson that was shown in the previews for the finals next week. So no harm, no foul.

I thought it was fun to watch (even if 3 of the players didn't know how to play because their confusion was entertaining). Stapp seem to alway think his pair of Aces high would alway win, and others holding 2 pairs sandbagged him time and time again. Tom Green was a waste, though.

7. Bill MacAdoo

Bill MacAdoo Stunt Coordinator

So now, instead of Bravo's commercial spoiling it, this thread has....

Argh.

8. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

The only reason I watched this show was to see David Cross and was ecstatic to see him win. Scott Stapp has to be the DUMBEST person on the planet. The hosts were even mocking him. After literally EVERY hand, he was like, "wait !... what ?". No, Scott, A-10 does not beat three of a kind. What an imbicile.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If the show has been shown, it's fair game to be discuss without spoilers.

I'll be rooting for Nicole Sullivan.

10. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I didn't enjoy it that much because these people were not playing with their own money, and didn't need to win. Just like when I play on-line. I play a lot differently that I would if I might lose actual money. The real Poker Tour is entertaining cause those guys are playing cutthroat poker, for their livelyhood!

11. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

The show was pretty slow for the most part. I got a kick out of Mimi calling Carrie Fisher a whore, though. [​IMG]

12. James Gumbart

James Gumbart Stunt Coordinator

I didn't even recognize Carrie Fisher. Even after I heard her name, I still could barely see the resemblance.

13. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

I liked when announcer Phil stated, "Mimi's got a pair," and Kevin Pollak immediately shot back, "YES SHE DOES!" Because the 12-year-old me still comes out every now and again.

14. Bill MacAdoo

Bill MacAdoo Stunt Coordinator

"We got four tits at the table!" [​IMG]

Between David Cross screaming "FUCK!" all the time and Mimi and Carrie flipping each other off, it was certainly the most deserving of a TV-14 rating. Did the other shows carry that, too?

15. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

So what's up with Mimi calling Princess Leia a whore, and why were they flipping each other the bird? Was this real animosity? High stakes getting to them? Or was it in jest?

And no doubt about it...Mimi's pair beats Leia's.

16. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I laughed when David Cross won a hand and yelled, "I'm pretend rich again!"

This was actually one of the more livelier bunches they've had, and the fact that several of them was so stupid made it more interesting television than the few where everyone was so serious.

17. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    What on earth is celebrity poker? and why do I not recognize any of these "celebrities" except Carrie Fisher?

18. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Do you really want us to answer that?

19. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Well, I would say that episode 5 had the least name recognizeable celebs of all the groups. In the past they have had David Schwimmer and Ben Afleck along with others. Here is the site.

20. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Celebrity Poker seems to pick people that I'm actually interested in. Sarah Silverman, David Cross, Michael Ian Black. I'm really liking it.

And I'm glad David "Scott" won.