What's new

Celebrity Poker 1/13/03 - The Finale (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, It got down to 3 players, and Paul Rudd suffered a really bad beat, not only on the turn but on the river after flopping trip 6's, and Nicole Sullivan had no business calling after Paul went all in after the flop, but Nicole thought he was bluffing and she had plenty of chips left. Nicole got really lucky and drew a straight on the last 2 cards to bust Paul. That left Nicole to go heads-up against David Cross, and Nicole had plenty of chips and was getting really good pairs for her starting hands, and she whittled away David's chips and finally busted him to win the tournament.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed this show. Are there any plans for another round of this? I would imagine there is if the ratings were good for this first "series".

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My one complaint with this episode was that there was too much recapping and commercials. For a 2-hour show there was barely 40 minutes of actual poker.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Loved it when all the rich celebs in the Loser's Lounge talked about getting up a game and Phil Gordon (the poker pro) said, "I'm in!". :laugh:

Bravo announced last week that a second season will go into production this winter.

Rob

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think it was 2 or 3 days. I recall one of the past episodes' losers saying they had been in Vegas for a couple of days.

I agree that there was no need for the final episode to be 2 hours except that Bravo was trying to milk out more ratings and ad revenue. I am looking forward to another round of shows, though.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
But were they playing Omaha hold-em or Texas hold-em?? I thought they were playing Texas hold-em and AFAIK in Texas hold-em, each player had to use both of their hole cards, and from some of the winning hands last week, they were only using one.
In Omaha hold-em, players can use any 5 of the 7 total cards.
In Texas hold-em, players can only use 3 of the 5 community cards and MUST use their hole cards.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
You have the rules reversed. In Omaha, you are dealt four cards and you MUST use two from your hand and three from the board (aka "community cards.")

In Texas Hold-em, you are dealt two cards and you may use 2, 1 or none from your hand in combination with the board to make the best possible five card poker hand. A common term you might hear is "play the board" which means that the two cards in your hand cannot improve upon the five community cards.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed most of the series, although I hope they are able to get more players who either A)like poker and know how to play; B)like competing and have entertaining personalities; C) combo of A & B. Some rounds were fun to watch, but the final preliminary group with Scott Stapp, Tom Green, Mimi Rogers, Princess Leia, and David Cross was so painful to watch I stopped.

Paul Rudd sure was a good poker player as long - as he had good hole cards.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Overused line of the night... "I know you're bluffing, but I don't know if you have the cards."

Much better than most of the predecessors, I enjoyed the finale. David (Scott) Cross was pretty funny, and the battle between he and Paul Rudd was a good one, and made Nicole's surge to the finish even better.

Like Steve said, there were good prelims, but some were just bad... hopefully Bravo learns that entertaining celebs on TV doesn't equate to entertaining at a poker table and picks accordingly.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Suggestion for second season. John Malkovich, Matt Damon, and Ed Norton. "Check, Check, Check....alvays wit ze check."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That would be an interesting table (if they got the cast from "Rounders"), and don't forget John Turturro and Famke Janssen or Gretchen Mol to fill out the table.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I figured that with Bravo putting the show on, it would be a no brainer to have the 5 Queer Eye guys in one round.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My fantasy tables:

True Romance:
Chritopher Walken
Christian Slater
Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldman
Val Kilmer

Resevoir Dogs:
Steve Buscemi
Michael Madsen
Quentin Tarrantino
Harvey Keitel
Chris Penn

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think perhaps I am going to have to make an effort to catch this show when it comes on again, I got totally in to the world series of Poker on ESPN, and this concept interests me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Prepare to be disappointed, then. Some of the celebs were horrible card players, and the quality of play suffered.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Even if it were completely awful, it could still be interesting in a "I can't believe I'm wasting my time watching this," kind of way.
Afterall, I didn't watch WCW Nitro for 2 years because it was the most awesome thing on TV, mostly because I wanted to see how bad it could get. The actual quality of the card playing wouldn't matter to me, sometimes we can laugh at those dumb mistakes we say that we know we wouldn't make.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks