Celebrity/paparazzi attacks...when does it stop? Disturbing...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Corbin Stirn, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Corbin Stirn

Corbin Stirn Second Unit

I just read this today and found the link.Intentional accident

Doesn't anyone find this scary on a lot of levels? When I first read this, I immediately thought of Princess Di. If there are 100 things that could happen when you get hit in the driver's side, 96 of them are BAD. She could have been seriously hurt or worse. They need to throw the book at this guy...Speeding, reckless operation, aggravated vehicular assault, and more. The other thing I find scary is that this guy was able to find $35,000(!!!) to get himself out. I don't know about you, but $35,000, even to a lot of people in LA, is a significant amount of money. This guy came up with it almost immediately. Just curious as to what people think about this? It needs to stop...this brings to mind the not-so-good Paparazzi movie where cars start hitting each other....except this guy CAUSED it!!!
    Just scary to see what's going on now........[​IMG]

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

They need to throw the book at this guy and send a message to the Stalkerazzi that this aggression will not stand, man. It will not stand!

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

These guys do it on purpose so that they can sell a photo of the celebrity being angry or "going nuts" after a car accident. What's $35,000 when such photos can fetch much more. Some years back, a paparazzi did this just to get a "reaction shot" from Arnold Schwarzenegger....not a good idea.

4. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

"Assault with a deadly weapon ", why not attempted murder? Things like this gives journalism a bad name. I hope he gets jail time. I'd like to see his "reaction shot" when someone decides to make him his bitch.

5. DougWright

DougWright Stunt Coordinator

They do this cause we buy the pictures. I am not saying this guy is right, I am just adding information.

However, I agree whole heartedly that they should throw the book at this guy and send a message. What is it going to take to get better legislation in place? We don't need another Princess Di event.

6. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

The paparazzi once tried to follow Vin Diesel . He led them out into the desert and his ensuing wrath created what we today call the Grand Canyon.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Exactly.

How much do these guys get paid for their photos? It must be pretty significant if they're able to crash minivans and post $35K bail.

It's stories like this that made me decide not to be famous. [​IMG]

8. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

People who don't have the cash can post a bond for a 10% fee (usually). If the person doesn't show up in court, the bail bondsman can send a bounty hunter after him. So maybe all this guy put up was $3500.

I think you can also put up your house as collateral if you don't do the bond or have cash.

9. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

As long as people continue to buy "National Enquirer" & "The Star", and all of the other garabage magazines that feed these guys, it will never stop. I remember right after Di, how people stopped buying them for like two weeks because they felt guilty, and then started right back up.

10. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Well, because we buy the magazines that buy the pictures, like Eric also says above. I'm sure its tough for the mags, because they have a tough bottom line and are looking for any edge that they can get, but when you are that intrusive and potentially harmful...there's no excuse.

11. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Maybe it will stop when one day, one of these "stalkerazzi" morons picks the wrong celebrity - someone who has been pestered one time too many, and has since bought a gun and learned to fire it. A reaction shot from Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Terminator himself? Oh, man, I would not have wanted to be on the receiving end of that reaction!

You'd think the paparazzi would have learned their lesson when Princess Diana was killed.

I have never heard of any of these photographers getting off with more than a slap on the wrist, and this is just emboldening them.

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

it's probably easier to win the case with "Assault with a deadly weapon" - Assault may not get him as much jail time, but I think any lawyer (unfortunately) can prove that the crash wasn't an attempt at murder.

Yet, "Assault" is probably a lot more severe (in the legal world) than it sounds. Assault means "attempt to do bodily injury to another", so this guy MAY end up with a hefty sentencing. [​IMG]

13. Jeff B.

Jeff B. Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Perfect.

14. James T

James T Screenwriter

I was going to type something out about justice and stuff, but now, I just lost my train of thought [​IMG]

15. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

And if the person got out of the car and attacked the photgrapher(and would have been justified to do so)theyd be brought up on charges and their angry photo would be plastered everywhere.

I dont think saying these guys are stalkers is a exaggeration. Celebrites know theyre going to be put in the spotlight, but taking pics of their families and driving recklessly is no joke. This asshole could have killed someone - just to take a picture.

Its a good thing Im not famous, I would make Sean Penn look like a photo hog [​IMG]

16. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Wait a minute.. I heard this guy was just an HTF'er looking to snap some more pics for the Lindsay Lohan thread!

Wierd, small world.

17. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

I heard he wanted to feed her a new Carl's Jr. Burger so she wouldn't be so thin! [​IMG]