What's new

Celebrity Boxing Two (1 Viewer)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Yes, Olga Korbut runs a gym here in Atlanta and was picked up for shoplifting a couple of months ago. Then, her son I believe, was arrested for counterfeiting. At first they thought she had something to do with it, but why would you need to shoplift if you could print your own dough?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Here are my picks for tonight's event:

Joanie Lauer vs. Joey Buttafuoco--Lauer

Manute Bol vs. William Perry--Perry

Dustin Diamond vs. Ron Palillo--Screech

Darva Conger vs. Olga Korbut--Korbut

~T

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Manute Bol is a brave man. Not because he's appearing on Celebrity Boxing but because of his personal crusade on behalf of his fellow countrymen. I will not go into details but you can read all about it at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1626514.stm
Also, Olga Korbut is responsbile for every 6 year old girl in the United States wanting to enter gymnatiscs after her appearence in the Olympics. You can look at that in either a postive or negative light.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Fox's Celebrity Boxing is a riot! :laugh: I just saw Screech beat up Horseshack! Horseshack looked bad. This is some great stuff!
Let's take the time to propose some new celebrity fights for Fox. A fight I would like to see:
Gary Coleman (Different Strokes' "Arnold") vs. Emmanuel Lewis (Webster's "Webster")
I don't if Coleman's health would allow hit to fight though. Anybody else have suggestions?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Since John Wayne Bobbit was arrested and is sitting in a Las Vegas cell here, our local news will be doing an interview with him in jail. just after the boxing matches

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just tell me, haven't you always wanted to beat the snot out of Screech yourself?

Screech and Urkle.

OJ vs Rodney King!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
After the fight, Screech was dancing around like he was BADASS!
Kind of embarassing to see a guy strutting his stuff because he managed to beat a guy 23 years older than him that weighed 50 less pounds and had a much shorter reach. :rolleyes
If I were 'Screech', I would consider myself the real loser.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is buttafucco a piece of garbage or what. i tuned in just in time to see the last bout. it wasn't even close to a fight. all it was , was buttafucco punching chyna in the neck and holding her head down while he punched her in the back of the head. also he literally threw her down atleast twice, maybe 3 times. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: 4 thumbs down out of 4.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Screech felt all bad after the fight, but at the first sight of Zack or Slater, I'm sure he'd be running for his life. :)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Boy, they come up with some weird matchups. I see Manute Bol is going to be fighting Willian "Fridge" Perry.

Freak show.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Umm, this all happened last night (Wednesday), it's over.

Makes one wonder if these guys seriously had 2 months of boxing training? The Bol-Perry fight was silly, it didn't seem like Perry had any kind of training at all as all he would do is sit there and when Bol punched, put out his hands.

Boy, didn't Joey Buttafuco come across as a complete *ss?

What's next, Oprah vrs Rosie? Shakira vrs Kathy Lee?

Jay

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Butafuco was hilarious! Wow, what a jerk. Here's a guy who completely embraces the public's hatred for him. It was really funny.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I actually watched this show last night.

William Perry should not be paid for his "performance". The referee even suggested that the gate be withheld if they don't start fighting. Manute was trying to fight but Perry would just grab and go to the ropes. I don't think Perry threw, let alone landed a single punch. After some thought I realized how difficult it would be to hit someone that tall. Just try. The Fridge is 6'3" and his hands can barely reach Manute's face without jumping. Just for Perry to get his arms above is own head is exhuasting but that was no excuse for his lack of activity. Perry could have at least tried to do some damage by throwing some body blows like Screech was doing at first. You gotta love Manute Bol. He is a true warrior, an incredible human specimen and real humanitarian. I thought Perry was gonna actually have a heart attack on national television.

I loved Joey !!! He is by far America's favorite guy to hate. I liked the fact that he didn't cut that woman any slack. None. The push move was a little cheap, even for Joey. Joel was in pretty darn good shape too.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I only saw the first fight (Conger vs. Korbutt) before switching to The West Wing.

Darva can kick some ass!

I flipped during the commercial and caught a little of Manute vs. the Fridge (the whole minute I watched not one single punch from either side landed, or was even really thrown).

I caught a little of replay of Chyna vs. Buttafucca, and I think it was just a set up for a future wrestling match. (Pay per view no doubt).

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't have as much fun watching this event as the last one.

Conger seemed like she was the best boxer among all of them.

Although Screech dominated his match, I felt he was holding back.

I was waiting to see the effect of Perry's punch on Bol but he was never able to make any contact. Worst match of the night, but at least something good came out of it for Bol's charity.

Chyna has slimmed down a lot! She could have beaten Buttafucco had she been as big a couple of years ago.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks