What's new

Celebrity Apprentice season 2 (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Can't say that I like Annie, but she deserves to win. She has "played" everyone, including Trump!

Jesse was his own worst enemy. Trump was trying to goad him into showing some passion, but Jesse is so self-controlled that he almost seems to be asleep.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I actually thought Brande deserved to be in the final two over Joan, but I guess that wouldn't have been as good for TV as having the people that hate each other facing off.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I loved that Annie got faked out by the Donald as he summarily crushed her dreams of being the new Celebrity Apprentice.

Tom Green slayed me in most of his footage in this finale.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
So basically it boiled down to everyone liking Joan so much going into it, because there was no way she was remotely better than Annie. She may have won 3/5 of the final task, but how can you really put fundraising (with Annie raising about three times as much) on equal footing as recognizability of celebrities?

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
What a crock. I never really had an opinion on Joan or Melissa going into this but now I know they are as fake and hideous as their expressionless faces. This wasn't a charity show, this was the Joan Rivers show and nothing more. Did Trump and no one in the audience actually watch what we watched? The party planner quit because of Joan. She said it herself, "he quit." More probably went on behind the scenes after that with the producers and the agency which got them to fully pull out of the show but it sure wasn't Annie's fault. And then to have two Rivers boldly lie saying it wasn't them when Annie brought it up, I can't believe they let that fly.

I agree with you Anthony, they changed what it was about compared to last year. Sure they created 5 arbitrary criteria but the show was supposed to come down to one thing, raising money for charity. That was Pierce's biggest argument last year which made him the winner. He pussied out this time by siding with Joan. Hell she won one criteria because she brought in a bunch of look-a-likes??

On another note, I said to myself "I hope the censor guy is ready" as soon as Rodman was allowed to speak freely.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

StevenW

Second Unit
I'm so glad Annie didn't win. She is one of the biggest ego maniac bitches I've seen on reality tv in awhile. She basically bullied everyone out of money the entire season. I bet it's killing her that she lost to that old woman.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Maybe she had a golf tournament and couldn't make it?

It is interesting to see the response to this outcome. It is very hate/love Joan or love/hate Annie. Not many inbetweeners.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
For those that think Joan was the lesser of two evils,

can you please educate me on what Annie did wrong? I must have missed it.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

i think that annie did an admirable job given what she had to work with. but she was too narrowly focused. her focus was just on money and beating joan. yes she met all of the goals of the task but lets say she raised a little less money but did better with the presence of the party. she probably would have won.

annie's issue is that she is not a true leader. other's don't want to follow her. she doesn't inspire or motivate anyone to work for her.

now i would want her to work FOR me. on my sales team. i may even want her to manage a small group of salespeople. but i would not want her managing managers. she has no vision other than she wants to make more money than her competition. and it takes vision and creativity to win in today's marketplace.

now it is true that making money is a business' bottom line. but the vision, creativity and leadership required to make a business float is a strength that joan had over annie.

perfect example is this. based on what we saw (keep in mind editors) imo, if joan threw another party she would have increased her attendance and raised more money. joan actually used the community and got people involved as well as her rolodex. if annie threw another party i believe her attendance would have dwindled and she would have raised less money. all annie has is a rolodex. she doesn't inspire the community or anyone else to do anything.

the true test of a business' viability is results over time. anyone can make it happen once. but can you deliver month after quarter after year is the question. i doubt that annie could. and i believe that joan can.

i think that anyone that has managed people and more importantly managed leadership can see what i am getting at.

now annie vs. melissa. annie wins hands down no argument.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

she wasn't the only one missing.

i am sure trump burned two bridges in this season. one, with the comments he gave kardashian before her fired her about drunk driving. two, with how he fired tionne 't-boz' watkins , of pop band tlc fame, essentially for no reason (or in his words because she offered to come back to the board room to defend melissa). she was definitely pissed.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

and that is exactly her issue. she only knows how to utilize herself. that is great for poker. she manages herself and manipulates others. BUT, she does not know how to 'manage' anyone else. if she did she would have easily won.

i hope that this has taught her some things and she come out the better for it. but i doubt it. she will continue to play victim.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M

Great job, that makes sense now. Especially your example. I still think the Rivers family as they appeared on the show are two entirely despicable people.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Because the show is a scam. They only want ratings and nothing more. There's no legitimacy to this false contest. No one "deserves" it at all. It's pro-wrestling with Trump playing the role of Vince McMahon. Just mindless entertainment (that I enjoy at times) and nothing more really.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

that is why i wish they would go back to the original format which depended on real people actually demonstrating competence. i think we can blame omarosa for the tragedy that the show has become.

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
Between this travesty and the canceling of the The Chopping Block after only a few weeks. I am not sure I would invest any more time watching NBC reality shows.

It seemed to me that Jesse got fired because he wouldn't bring his wife (Sandra Bullock) onto the show. I thought Jesse was pretty creative and was not utilized well on most of the challenges, but I will give Trump a pass for firing Jesse. But making Joan the winner was just not going to fly with me.

The Chopping block was interesting because Dean is the chef at a local place less than a mile from work. Watching the last shows on my computer is not the same. I mean they only had 7 shows since there were 8 teams right? They canceled it after show 3 or 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks