What's new

Celebrity Apprentice season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't know. I think it exposed how out of touch Donald is. Her DUI was all over the news, and I don't even follow her career.

Plus, while it is a game show and not real life, but can you really fire someone for having a DUI before they were hired? He should fire his casting people, and still let Clint go.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Kardashian isn't a "celebrity" and never should have been on the show in the first place, but she didn't deserve to be fired for that task. Neither did the chick from TLC. Both videos were terrible and the corporate reps absolutely hated them so the blame fell squarely on the PMs in this case. Melissa and Clint should have been fired without a doubt, but Trump clearly wanted to keep them around as they bring more to the show than the two people he canned. I was honestly surprised Trump was so hardcore as he's been pretty mellow when it comes to firing "celebrities" in the past.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think the task was also problematic.

I think ALL was going for an online video for their target audience of moms, rather than a "viral video" that the teams were instructed to make. There is a difference even though the Donald might not know. And again, why involve Perez Hilton in something that he isn't even part of the target audience for?

Whoever created that task should have been fired.

Plus, why wouldn't ALL want to reach out to the college audience who might have liked the video? Heck, we did laundry in college. It might open them up to a new market.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

I agree- as soon as I heard "viral video" plus mainstream corporate product, I knew they were in trouble, because most viral videos are crazy or raunchy or something else that a big corporation would not want as an image for its product, especially something boring like laundry detergent.

This task would have been much better for something with a different demographic, like Red Bull or skateboards or whatever.

I think the video with Jesse still would have worked if they had just removed the ending where the little people acted pissed off.

Agree on Perez- he is a celebrity gossip columnist... what does that have to do with the task? Nothing, except that he is on the Internet.

It was totally ridiculous that Clint created a video that the client hated and would not take input from the rest of the team, yet didn't get fired.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
I think this episode really showed that ALL is out of touch with marketing. Apparently only middle-aged housewives with 4 kids wash clothes. So if that is who they want to target and the only group they want to target why try to make a viral video? The teams should have just looped the sneezing panda video and then stick an ALL logo on it at the end. In reality you can't 'create' a viral video. No matter what you do they always come off forced, especially when you get the marketing folks involved who are all about branding. You don't 'brand' a viral video unless you are Jone's Big Ass Truck Rental and Storage.

I have no problem with Kardashian and TLC girl going. They've done nothing on the show. At least nothing worth being on camera for as they were pretty much edited out of the show from the beginning.

I'm really getting tired of the Joan Rivers love fest. Maybe out of the people there she is a 'genius' but to me she is just some crazy frozen faced woman that ambushes people on the red carpet.

On a plus note, at least they keep doing tasks that rely on creativity and not their Rolodex.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

They said "25 and up", which is different from middle-aged. And obviously, people with kids do more laundry, so they buy more detergent.

But I agree, the demo for the product is a bad match for the viral video concept.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
And one other thing, am I the only one who thinks Annie Duke is the smartest one there?

The Rivers are always complaining about her, yet everything she says, I agree with. And I'm not a big poker follower, so really don't know much about her.

StevenW

Second Unit

Yeah I was mildly laughing at James throughout the video and then angry midgets suddenly appear. It was so weird and unfunny you had to wonder what the hell they were thinking.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

She might be smart and makes some sense, but she comes across like Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory", and thus, unlikable and unsympathetic when she goes on her rants about what needs to be done.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was some funny stuff in the boardroom tonight. Plus, having Jesse go off on Clint was a nice bonus.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Agreed! So what was on that note?

I guess the "Rivers" duo showed their true colors. Talk about a bunch of sour pusses. Their charities must not mean much to them. It's always just been about them. :rolleyes

Joan did have a couple good one liners tonight. "You must have one long Christmas card list." :D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Trump was on the phone with Regis and Kelly this morning and said the note he passed to Kramer basically just said "Melissa has to go". He knew Kramer initially wanted Brande to be fired, but after she fought back and outlined why she should stay he felt Melissa should get canned instead. Kramer agreed and Melissa got the boot.

Those last few minutes were absolutely priceless. I loved seeing Melissa melt down like a nuclear power plant as it shows just how ridiculous she really is. She's not a damn "celebrity" in the first place and I am totally ecstatic she got fired. :emoji_thumbsup:

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I had some sympathy for Melissa until tonight's show. What a whiney bitch! Throwing a tantrum and yelling at the production staff at the end of the show. I think the reason Trump fired her was because when Melissa was talking, Trump interrupted her and she said something like: "wait, I'm not finished". Not a good idea!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
"People perceive me to be simply an appendage of my mother. They perceive me to be spoiled, difficult, unpleasant, and not a hard worker, which is the exact opposite of who I am, and I think--I hope--people have seen that."

Maybe I'll concede the hard worker part but didn't her exit (let alone almost everything else she did this season) pretty much confirm all those other perceptions about her?

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Trump - "Please, please...Jesse, tell me that you will bring a real celebrity on this show. Will you bring your wife in for the final task? I beg you."

Jesse - "We'll cross that road when we get to it."

Trump - "Jesse, you're fired."

Not a surprising final two. I do hope Joan loses. She quit, she turned to hateful personal attacks, and I'm tired of her frozen expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks