What's new

Celebrity Apprentice season 2 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Me too. He's the only real, down to earth guy on their team. As for the women, I'd like to see Natalie and Brande go far in the game(for obvious reasons). ;)

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Well we still need a second and third place right?
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Didn't think there was anyone more annoying than Annie Duke this time around, but Clint Black now takes that spot. Does the guy ever shut up and quit talking over everyone else? Obviously some manipulative editing like Survivor, but it sure made him look like an ass.

I thought the men were doomed once that lame EEE name came out. Loved Tom Green's comment about it sounding like a bra size.

The men had a better idea and much better presentation than the women, but EEE finished them off. Nobody to blame for that but Scotty. He had to go.

Definitely prefer challenges like this, even though this one sucked. But at least they can't just call up their buddies with large wallets and buy their way to victory.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

I don't follow that- did you know most of us watch TV for entertainment?

Did you realize this show is not about hiring a competent person, like the non-celeb Apprentice was?

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Do you think the regular apprentice will return? Does anyone know why they are cramming a one hour episode into 2 hours? 2 hours of this ir really too long.

I agree with the others Scott absolutley had to go for the EEE name. Also the team had no direction whatsoever from the start. Unless it was edited out I didn't see them sit down and try to decide what needed to be done and who was going to do what. It seemed that most of the team was just sitting around most of the time while Scott and Clint kind of worked together. And what about Herchel telling Tom to shet up. Tom seemed to be the only one with any good ideas and he was completely poo pooed by Scott and then to add insult after telling him to be quiet and not listening to anything he had to say they dumped the presentation on him at the last second. Surprised Tom didn't bring that up in the boardroom.

StevenW

Second Unit
I'm rooting for Tom & Jesse at this point. Clint is really rubbing me the wrong way for some reason. Hopefully is ass is next to take the elevator. I couldn't care any less about any of those women.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

That's the opposite of cramming, which would be making the episode too short.

Obviously NBC wanted to fill 2 hours instead of 1. It probably doesn't cost that much more to make a 2-hr episode since they are already filming everything- wonder how much more NBC pays vs a 1-hr show. I doubt it is double.

Trump was on a talk show recently and said all the episodes were 2 hours this season. But then this weekend due to the premiere of Kings, it is only 1 hour... so I guess he means most of them are 2 hours, not all.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Scott was a little weasel. And his EEE idea was horrible.
Tom did everything he could to throw ideas and names out there.
Clint Black is also on my hate list.

Except for the stupid EEE name, I actually liked the guy's presentation and I thought the woman gave a very week presentation.

I actually hated this episode, and found it really dull.
I also agree that 2hours is too long for this show.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last for this show.

It looks like this Sunday that Tom Green might be on the fired list.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

i was just having a similar discussion with someone else. i am entertained by seeing the most competent team win. that is why i can sit down during any part of any season of 'the amazing race' and be entertained. that show is truly about who is the best.

i haven't watched 'survivor' in years because that show stopped being about who was the best after the 4 iteration.

although i am watching this seaon of 'the apprentice' i liken it to a jerry springer show. a show that i despise.

i also think that the show would do really well if there were teams of competent celebrities that participated. andrew dice clay. rodman. gtfo!

perhaps i am in the minority but i would still watch.

and one more thing. they need to get rid of the celebrity donors. that is a crock. they also need to get rid of the 'sudden bonus money' in the middle of a challenge.

leave it at is most base element and let's see where the real talent lies.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

totally agree with the spirit of your message. but i think you meant expanding 1 hour into 2 hours. absolutely not necessary for this show.

thank the maker for dvr's.

another show that is guilty of this is 'the biggest loser.'

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Pardon my figure of speech. It goes back to my college days when many "students" managed to "cram" 4 years of college into 5 or 6:D . Thought that one was a little more wide spread, but oh well, why bring up the past (almost 30 years ago). Bottom line there just isn't any more to these tasks than had been seen in previous seasons in 1 hour episodes. The finales were usually 2 hrs and there was a lot more to do. How long can they continue to show Dennis doing nothing and Annie taking over every conversation and task she can? It just drags a bit at 2 hours.

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth

Yeah, it's amazing how you can "cram" a two hour program in less than an hour when you can blip through the commercials. Tivo rocks!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
No way I'd sit through 2 hours of the show in "real time". With the DVR, I'm usually able to finish off a 2 hr. episode in about a little more than an hour. Hell, the first 10-12 minutes of last week's Apprentice were a recap of the previous show.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

The most competent team generally does win- they raise the most money or do the presentation the client likes better, or whatever the task is.

But I still don't see how Dice was incompetent- he at least went on the radio to publicize the event. Rodman just hid in the truck, waiting for people to find him there. He did less than Dice on that task.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

you obviously didn't get the intent of my message.

more money for charity is a good thing.

pulling out your rolodex to win one of the challenges doesn't make a better team or a better television show. there should be a way to do do that while at the same time minimizing the way it effects how a challenge is completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks