What's new

Ceiling (1 Viewer)

PerfectSound

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Good Morning
I've been in and out of the HTF several times. I've read some awesome ideas on building the HT. Finally registered today cause I have a question. DOH! I want my ceiling to be a drop ceiling for several reasons. 1. It's in the basement and I want to be able to get to the plumbing easily in case there is ever a problem. 2. We all know the advancements in technology it only takes about one year for something to be obsolete. So upgrades are inevitable. So I have standard floor truss over my theater. Any ideas on what materials to use to soundproof above the tiles.. Any Help is appreciated.

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
I just went to Home Depot and picked up some 'Quiet Zone Insulation batting.' Looks just like standard fiberglass insulation but it really works. I insulated the walls and ceiling with this stuff and you can just feel it as soon as you walk into the room...it's dead quiet!

Cut to size and lay between the joists, then lay some clear poly over and staple all along to hold it in place. Install ceiling tiles and you're done!

Here's a link to the insulation I'm talking about. It's cheap and it works...

http://www.owenscorning.com/quietzon...s/products.asp

Quiet Zone

Auditioning
Real Name
Charles
Quiet Zone Acoustic Insulation is awesome. I also used Quiet Zone to insulate my home theater. I used it in addition to Quiet Glue between two staggered thicknesses of 5/8" gypsum. Of course, none of this can go into place until every little crack is filled with foam and/or silicone! I have a ton of Quiet Zone Batts left over (enough for 3 home theatres- misordered and can't return). If you're in the market, let me know!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks