What's new

Ceiling tiles for Home Theater (1 Viewer)

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a new home a few months ago with a completely unfinished basement, and am in the beginning stages of planning. I plan to do most of the work myself, or with the help of my father in law. The room I have is 14X22 and a complete rectangle.

From floor to ceiling is 9' and I plan to do a "trey box" all the way around the room to run the duct work for the heat and AC, plus give the appearance of a trey, and using sheetrock. I want to do the trey 12 inches long and 16 inches wide, and then in the middle do a suspended ceiling.

I was in a home theater design store in St Louis a while back and remember them having a demo room that had ceiling tiles with tiny little lights inside them, so when the lights were off, it gave the appearance of stars in teh sky, does anyone know where to get these tiles, or are they custom made?

Also, if anyone has any tips feel free to share your idea's. The room where the basement is below ground and concrete walls on 3 sides, and there are no bedrooms on the above floor, they are all on the upper level

I am planning to do a projector, and I already have the audio equipment in my family room (AVR 520, Paradigm Monitors, and an SVS sub, although, I might get a second for the HT room)

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
scott what was the name of the place in ST.Louis you were at, and if you remember where was it located?, I live near STL and would like to check it out

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
Travis, not sure, was in STL on a business trip and had a couple of hours to kill for lunch, i do know it was on the west side somewhere near earth city.

Dave and dave - Yep, that's it. Gotta figure out how to justify that much $$ now. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks