What's new

Ceiling Surrounds (1 Viewer)

John_Davis

Auditioning
Hi there,

I'm new here and must say I have learned a great deal over the past few days as I prepare to set up my Denon 2802 which I received for Christmas.

My question is about my surround speakers. They were already installed in the ceiling of our home when we moved in. That really motivated me to get into HT, but now I'm wondering if the placement in the ceiling is in any way misrepresenting the surround sound that I should be expecting. They are placed about 4 feet from either wall, and are 6 feet apart. Our couch is directly under them. From a personal perspective, they do the job well, and I enjoy the effects, but my question relates to the technical and purist perspective.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

;)

I'm new here and must say I have learned a great deal over the past few days as I prepare to set up my Denon 2802 which I received for Christmas. I'm new here and must say I have learned a great deal over the past few days as I prepare to set up my Denon 2802 which I received for Christmas.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
First of all, thanks for the large lettering. Didn't have to squint to read your post. :)
Just kidding...
Anyway, I would make three comments:
1. Probably the speakers in the ceiling aren't very good ones, and the wiring to them is perhaps weak as well.
2. The ceiling is not the best place for surrounds. Side wall is best.
3. However... if you like the sound, that's actually all that really counts!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks