1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Ceiling Speakers Any Good ??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JasonF, Feb 10, 2004.

1. JasonF

JasonF Agent

I am thinking about using a set of klipsch scr-2 ceiling speakers for the rear channels of a 5.1 system. Does anyone here use ceiling speakers? Do they sound OK ? My wife likes the idea of ceiling speakers. I might be able to get away with small satelites but definitly not bookshelves.

I plan on using klipsch rf-25 fronts. rc-25 or rc-35 for the center and hopefully adding a svs sub when budget permits. Any help... thanks.

2. David.O

David.O Auditioning

For what it's worth I have a similar problem. I have an old pair of Klipsch KM-6's for the front and a KV-2 center speaker and was looking at putting in ceiling speakers for the rear as well. Not may people seem to use them although I have been told that ceiling speakers should be O'K. I was looking at Klipsch, Boston Acoustics and B&W as possible alternatives. I just ordered a SVS PB-2ISD sub as well. It's a little more $$ than I wanted to pay but I have a very open room which isn't too "sound friendly' so I had to get a sub that would have enough oomph.

If I get any more info on the ceiling spekaers I'll let you know.