Ceiling Mount for Panasonic PT-L500U

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steve F M, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Anyone have a good rec on a ceiling mount for this projector? My ceiling will be around 8ft Drywalled and I figure I would be Flush Mounting. I don't want to spend a bundle as I am on limited budget.

2. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

thier are several threads over at avs forums on making one yourself, if you are the diy type, I just shelf mounted my l200u,

I would check the specks, but my pj needed to be very close to the top of my screen, to not use any keystone, so it is mounted about 5.5-6ft off the ground, any higher seemed like too high, I run a 80" and sit just under 10 ft, if it helps.

3. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I am not a DIY type of guy. So your saying that my projector should be about straight across from the top of my screen? So I would probably need to drop it from the ceiling about 2 feet.

4. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

thats how my l200u is, maby a few inches down from the top, but prety close, you can download the manual from panasonic, and that info is in there somewhere

also I remember somene telling me about the same thing in a post here somewhere,I think it is a few inches below the top of the screen, but I am not positive, I just mounted my pj and am using a temp screen untill I find out where I want everything setup.

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I bought a mount made for the Panny and it will be mounted about 12 inch's from ceiling. I plan on then projecting the image onto the wall and then I plan to make a DIY screen to fit the image. I figuring that the screen will be about 12 inch's from the ceiling since they say the projector needs to be about directly across from the top of the screen. I will be looking to use a 16x9 106 inch screen which is vertically 54 inches so that should leave me about 2 1/2 foot for my center speaker below the screen.

Is my theory correct on this? Is this the best way to go about mounting the projector?

Thanks, I just ordered my Panny last night and can't wait for Monday.

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Just as a reference, I have an AE100, similar, if not identical in terms of mounting holes and resulting projected image placement. My screen is flush with the ceiling, with the projected image within 1 inch of the ceiling, and the projector is sticking out below the drop ceiling tiles by about 3 1/2". Made a DIY projector ceiling mount. Cost peanuts. Works perfectly.

7. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Will this work the way I plan on setting up the projector. With actually mounting it and then projecting it onto a wall and then I am going to take measurements to build a screen. Will this work? I plan on mounting the projector about 13 feet away from the wall which is where they rec'd to mount for a 106" 16x9 screen.

8. Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark Second Unit

The manual states how far below the top of the screen your pj needs to be mounted. I can't remember off the top of my head.

I made a variation of "monkeyman's" mount on AVS. It's very, very easy...