What's new

Ceiling Mount for Panasonic PT-L500U (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Anyone have a good rec on a ceiling mount for this projector? My ceiling will be around 8ft Drywalled and I figure I would be Flush Mounting. I don't want to spend a bundle as I am on limited budget.

Eric Hahn

Agent
thier are several threads over at avs forums on making one yourself, if you are the diy type, I just shelf mounted my l200u,

I would check the specks, but my pj needed to be very close to the top of my screen, to not use any keystone, so it is mounted about 5.5-6ft off the ground, any higher seemed like too high, I run a 80" and sit just under 10 ft, if it helps.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
I am not a DIY type of guy. So your saying that my projector should be about straight across from the top of my screen? So I would probably need to drop it from the ceiling about 2 feet.

Eric Hahn

Agent
thats how my l200u is, maby a few inches down from the top, but prety close, you can download the manual from panasonic, and that info is in there somewhere

also I remember somene telling me about the same thing in a post here somewhere,I think it is a few inches below the top of the screen, but I am not positive, I just mounted my pj and am using a temp screen untill I find out where I want everything setup.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
I bought a mount made for the Panny and it will be mounted about 12 inch's from ceiling. I plan on then projecting the image onto the wall and then I plan to make a DIY screen to fit the image. I figuring that the screen will be about 12 inch's from the ceiling since they say the projector needs to be about directly across from the top of the screen. I will be looking to use a 16x9 106 inch screen which is vertically 54 inches so that should leave me about 2 1/2 foot for my center speaker below the screen.

Is my theory correct on this? Is this the best way to go about mounting the projector?

Thanks, I just ordered my Panny last night and can't wait for Monday.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Just as a reference, I have an AE100, similar, if not identical in terms of mounting holes and resulting projected image placement. My screen is flush with the ceiling, with the projected image within 1 inch of the ceiling, and the projector is sticking out below the drop ceiling tiles by about 3 1/2". Made a DIY projector ceiling mount. Cost peanuts. Works perfectly.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Will this work the way I plan on setting up the projector. With actually mounting it and then projecting it onto a wall and then I am going to take measurements to build a screen. Will this work? I plan on mounting the projector about 13 feet away from the wall which is where they rec'd to mount for a 106" 16x9 screen.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
The manual states how far below the top of the screen your pj needs to be mounted. I can't remember off the top of my head.

I made a variation of "monkeyman's" mount on AVS. It's very, very easy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks