What's new

Ceiling material question (1 Viewer)

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I've just finished framing in a false ceiling in my home theater room in the basement to keep the noise from travelling upstairs.Does anyone know what options I have to finish the ceiling besides the usual tape/mud & spray.I'd love to find some sort of panel I could put on the gyproc without spending a fortune.Thanx in advance for any input.

Wayner

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I guess it depends what kind of look you are going for. If you are trying to avoid mudding and taping... and if you don't want a drop ceiling... any panelling would do. You might feel like you're in a cabin with wood panelling. You also might look at fabric. I was in a bar once that had black fabric on the ceiling and what must have been x-mas lights poking through. It gave the illusion of stars. Pretty cool.
If you're going for a tropical theme. You can buy a roll of bamboo matting and tack that up there. Just throw in Cast Away and you'll feel like you're there! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks