What's new

Ceiling Insulation (1 Viewer)

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking a new home in our area that has a walk-out basement. I know how I would position the theater in the downstairs. The only drawback is it would be located directly below my kids bedrooms.

THe room would have 9" ceilings and be approx. 23ft X 15ft. Two of the rooms walls will be 2X6 exterior walls. the other walls will be interior walls.

My biggest concern is sound travelling into the kids rooms and making the to noisy at night.

People think I'm nuts basing my house buying desicion on where the theater is going ;).

Any way I will be using a denon 3803 to power my energy towers, center and surrounds. I will be running a 6.1 set-up. The weakest part of my set-up is my BIC America 10"
sub.

What types of things can I do to help completely stop sound transfer.

Right now the ceiling is unfinished.

Brandon

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Robert:

Nice looking setup. I look forward to seeing the end results. Also, that is one huge basement!

Brandon:

There are several threads on the subject of sound proofing a room. As Robert stated above the best I have seen is in the use of several items like insulation with some type of Acoustic block material.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks