Ceiling height

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Glenn F, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Glenn F

Glenn F Auditioning

I have 18 ft ceilings in my house, and i was thinking about moving my home theater setup into that room, but all the really nice home theater setups I've seen have muc lower ceilings. Is it better to put it in a room with 8-9 foot ceilings?

2. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Two words: Stadium seating!!! I envy you! Maybe put in balcony seating for special guests. [​IMG]

- Colton

3. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

Glenn,

I have visions of the Capitol, the Majestic and the Victoria Theaters. All beautifully grand with high ceilings, large chandeliers, gilded accents............ All three were in my small PA hometown (pop. under 30,000) at the same time (circa. 1960). You have something special there. If the overall room size is big, I think it will work.

David

4. Glenn F

Glenn F Auditioning

Thanks guys, ya its a nice big area but my wife would kill me if i tried to put stadium (or balcony seats) [​IMG]. Its kind of a great room that will have to have a section in it for a dining room. I figure i'll have about 22x22x18. I tried to use the room calculator and I think that came out close to good dimensions