Cedia Expo 2003

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brian Dobbs, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in so moderators feel free to move this. I just got back from the Cedia Expo in Indianapolis. My fellow co-workers and I took a company trip to take some classes and browse the enormous expo located in the RCA dome and adjacent convention center. I took a lot of pictures, so feel free to look at them.

Look under the CEDIA EXPO section for expo pictures.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bdobbs1/CEDIA.htm

Highlights for me were seeing Pioneer's new Universal DVD Player (DVD, DVD-A, SACD, etc.) complete with HDMI and iLink digital outputs! WOW. The reps tell me their receivers will soon include HDMI digital inputs/outputs so the video switching can occur through the receiver while still maintaining a digital signal from DVD to display.

I also got to meet Sam Runco of Runco projectors. Turns out, my co-worker knows him personally and has worked with him in the past. I also saw Noel Lee (head of Monster Cable) and the owner of Stewart Filmscreens. I also saw a JVC HD-DVD player straight from Japan.

There's so much stuff to explain, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ha! the best part was the two guys lifting the TV up and down the steps with that harness!

Sony's new SXRD projector with native 1920x1080p silicon panels blew me away. $25,000 this winter.

3. Jake K

Jake K Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in the new Harman Kardon receivers. Any info on those?

4. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Chuck C, can you remember the name of that harness? Or the name of the company? I forgot to get my name tag scanned, and my company is interested in those things.

5. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Sorry Jake, didn't really see much on HK there.

It was a big convention, I might have just walked right by and not even knew it.

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

7. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs